whats up with this SCT X3 critical update?

bergs

Established Member
I got an email from Steeda saying I need to update my X3 programmer. Whats the deal with this? I don't want to have to reflash my car a couple of times if I dont have to. heres the email:

URGENT NOTICE: SCT X3 Tuner Critical Update

SCT has released a new version of the X3 (PN: 3000) / SF3 (PN: 3015) device firmware - Version 1.2.142. This is a critical update that resolves issues found with prior versions of the X3 / SF3 firmware.

All SCT customers are urged to update their device(s) to this latest firmware revision using the SCT Auto Updater Software immediately. Dealers with X3 / SF3 devices in stock are urged to update their inventory to the firmware version 1.2.142 prior to selling these devices or should encourage the consumer to update the device prior to installing it on their vehicle.

Firmware Release Version: 1.2.142

Update Importance: Critical

Action to Take: Update all X3 / SF3 products immediately

Frequently Asked Questions

1 - I don't want to update my device. Can't I just back date the firmware to resolve the issue?

No. Back dating the firmware may cause additional issues and will not resolve the issue.

2 - My car / device are working fine. Should I update to the latest version?

Yes. This is a critical update and your device should be updated immediate to prevent any future issues.

3 - Where do I get the SCT Auto Updater Software? How do I install it?

The Auto Updater Software is available on SCT's website or Click Here to Download It Now.

The following instructions will explain how to install the software and use it to update your device. Click Here to Download the Instructions Now.

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
From what I could see this was something with support to '11 Mustangs if I recall correctly. I did it anyways because I wasn't sure if there would be a conflict between any newer tunes my tuner provides and me not having the most current software and firmware on my X3.

Users who are viewing this thread