Whats up

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
Hey everyone, I don't own a mustang yet, but probably will in awhile. I got really into mustangs and cobras a few years ago when my neighbor with a 96 cobra just brought it home from the showroom and let me sit shotgun for a quick ride around the block. Fastest car I've ever been in, I've loved cobras ever since :rockon: :rockon:
nice to meet you guys:beer:

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
:thumbsup:

OO yea since I'm introducing myself I might as well ask for some advice. Lately I've been thinking really hard about what I should do concerning cars. The 03 cobra is my absolute dream car, but being as how I'm 17, thats not gonna happen for a good long while. I have a couple of options that I can do. (Keep in mind, I'm going to be going to college to major in automotive technology, and I want a project car to learn more on)

1. Buy a 70-72 chevelle malibu project car, put in a 350 thats been stroked to 383 (ranging 400 + horses), fix the car up alittle, and sell it later on for a decent profit

2. Buy a first generation mustang, fix it up, don't exactly know what to put in it, and than sell it later for a decent profit

3. Get a 97-93 fox body in decent condition, fix it up a bit, possibly add a turbo kit to it :coolman: Also since the foxs are alot newer than the 1st gen mustangs and older chevelles, I could learn more about advanced engines

Any ideas on what I should do guys :beer:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by bloodhound248
:thumbsup:

OO yea since I'm introducing myself I might as well ask for some advice. Lately I've been thinking really hard about what I should do concerning cars. The 03 cobra is my absolute dream car, but being as how I'm 17, thats not gonna happen for a good long while. I have a couple of options that I can do. (Keep in mind, I'm going to be going to college to major in automotive technology, and I want a project car to learn more on)

1. Buy a 70-72 chevelle malibu project car, put in a 350 thats been stroked to 383 (ranging 400 + horses), fix the car up alittle, and sell it later on for a decent profit

2. Buy a first generation mustang, fix it up, don't exactly know what to put in it, and than sell it later for a decent profit

3. Get a 97-93 fox body in decent condition, fix it up a bit, possibly add a turbo kit to it :coolman: Also since the foxs are alot newer than the 1st gen mustangs and older chevelles, I could learn more about advanced engines

Any ideas on what I should do guys :beer:

Getcha a Fox....But I'm partial...Oh,and I just sold my 96 Cobra about 3 months ago...Awesome car which I'll really miss....:beer:

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
I really think I might go in the direction of the fox body, its rare to see them around here, and the ones that you do see are the 4 bangers in bad shape :nonono: I've heard nothing but good things about turbo'd foxes, any idea on where I could get a good kit for one?

Plus I've had a soft spot for foxs for a long time :burnout:

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Get the fox body. I had a 93 as my first car, but I got rid of it when I got the Lightning. I'm getting a gen 2 L very soon because the gen 1 is getting lonely in the driveway... lol.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
If those are your three choices, get the fox.

However, I really think you should consider something more practical for a person in your situation. When it comes right down to it, you're still a new driver so insurance and your driving experience might be a problem. Also, moving in and out of school means you will need some room to haul it all (if you're going away to school). Think snowtime, too. I've seen too many fipped-over cars on the LIE from the snow to ignore how dangerous the snow can be, and having a powerful car with no alternatives wouldn't be the best idea. Where will you be keeping it? Garaged, or outdoors? Will there be stupid drunk college kids lurking around the parking lots at night looking for trouble? Maybe. My 2 cents, and the reason why I'm driving what I am.

Whatever you decide, have fun with it, and welcome to the site. :beer:

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
Im stupid, I forgot to mention that this is in no way shape or form going to be a daily driver car. I've already got my taurus for that ;-)

The car will stay at home, but thats fine because I'm going to a close college for 2 years, and will not be dorming. After I go to a school around here for 2 years, I want to transfer over to Universal Technical Institute.

So basically I have a whole lot of money left over because I wont be dorming, so that is in part going to fund my project. Yes, I haven't been driving for that long, and I'll admit that I am not that experianced, but you guys can rest assured I'm not a schmuck when it comes to driving. I've seen way too many fatal accidents to go out on a crowded street and start racing.

From the project I want to learn more about engines and power adders, alittle bit about bodywork, and just have fun with it. Thanks for all your suggestions keep them comin' :coolman: :rockon:

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
^^^
:beer:

You see guys I'm really torn up about this. If I was to get the chevelle and fix that up and sell it, I would have much more $$$ to go towards a 03 cobra in my near future (maybe like 2nd/3rd year of college). However, if I got the fox, I know I would be holding onto that for a long time and probably wouldn't sell it for awhile (making the possibility of a 03' cobra practically non-existant for awhile). But man would it be fast.

I'm so confused :??:

Users who are viewing this thread