What's With SAI and their TS Website?

Intruder

Established Member
Some fellow posted a pic of a KR type of hood sold by Evolution after Amy said not to post Tru-fiber Hood pictures on their site. I posted wondering if Tru-fiber was going to sign up as a vendor, or if Evolution was going to be asked to remove their hood from the site despite being an authorized dealer.

Next thing I know, my IP address is banned???:shrug:

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
You have to watch what you say on that site... Apparently you can't talk about anything that doesn't have to do with SPP or Shelby... They don't like or allow anything that has to do with a competitor or look-a-like product... They are starting to ban people and also closing almost all the threads that have anything to do with competitors products that look similiar... I think that it is terrible in this day and age that you can't even talk about other products without getting kicked out and banned... They are going to start to lose alot of people... I for one think it is complete BS that you can't even talk or show pics of similiar products without getting your thread closed and possibly banned... These website forums are meant for people to gather info and get product info weather or not the product is manufactured thru ford or SPP or Shelby.. I understand that Shelby owns the site but give me a break... Whatever.. I'll stop now before one of their moles finds me and rats me out... Just my $.02

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Some fellow posted a pic of a KR type of hood sold by Evolution after Amy said not to post Tru-fiber Hood pictures on their site. I posted wondering if Tru-fiber was going to sign up as a vendor, or if Evolution was going to be asked to remove their hood from the site despite being an authorized dealer.

Next thing I know, my IP address is banned???:shrug:

Thats insane.:read:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
LOL, the bottom line is its their site and they can run it as they see fit, best thing to do is just steer clear, after everybody leaves it will just die.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
You have to watch what you say on that site... Apparently you can't talk about anything that doesn't have to do with SPP or Shelby... They don't like or allow anything that has to do with a competitor or look-a-like product... They are starting to ban people and also closing almost all the threads that have anything to do with competitors products that look similiar... I think that it is terrible in this day and age that you can't even talk about other products without getting kicked out and banned... They are going to start to lose alot of people... I for one think it is complete BS that you can't even talk or show pics of similiar products without getting your thread closed and possibly banned... These website forums are meant for people to gather info and get product info weather or not the product is manufactured thru ford or SPP or Shelby.. I understand that Shelby owns the site but give me a break... Whatever.. I'll stop now before one of their moles finds me and rats me out... Just my $.02
Oh so true, and I can not believe all of the ass kissing you see on that site.

LOL, the bottom line is its their site and they can run it as they see fit, best thing to do is just steer clear, after everybody leaves it will just die.
Thats my plan and 50 bucks for membership yeah right:bash:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I enjoyed the site when I first got mine and it was still Stangs Unleashed. It has slowly devolved into an overly-moderate and censored site. It's a shame, because there are a LOT of people over there with good information.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
If you steer clear of aftermarket discussions having anything to do with their "BLESSED" branded cars (i.e. GT500KR, GT500SS, SHelby GT or Shelby GT-H) you will be ok. Now if SPP or Ford already sells items for the aftermarket off these cars, no worries....

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Yep, some strange things goin' on over there... That's one of the reasons I'm checkin' out the scene over here. I just got my GT500 back from Griggs last week 9/3 and have had several TS members ask me to post pics and a write-up on the build but I just don't want to deal with the drama such a post would generate on the TS forum. Lots of good Folks on the TS site, it's a shame what's going on over there.

Nuff said, I'm content to chill here on SVTP and get to know you all.

Jay

Last edited:

SLGT750

Established Member
Yep, some strange things goin' on over there... That's one of the reasons I'm checkin' out the scene over here. I just got my GT500 back from Griggs last week 9/3 and have had several TS members ask me to post pics and a write-up on the build but I just don't want to deal with the drama such a post would generate on the TS forum. Lots of good Folks on the TS site, it's a shame what's going over there.

Jay
I'm not liking what's going on over there either, I glad we have other great forums to use
Looking forward to your write up
:rockon:

Joshua484

Established Member
I'm glad to be here, also!

And looking forward to seeing the GRIGGS Suspension setup Jay!!

-Josh

skyhighsd

Established Member
Welcome guys!:beer: Feel free to post ANY mods you guys want with out the fear of god (oh I mean Amy) deleting them:lol1:

Dshavers

Established Member
I agree Jay, it's just not the site that is was about a year ago, which is a shame. Welcome to the club over here. Post of some pics of your new setup!

Yep, some strange things goin' on over there... That's one of the reasons I'm checkin' out the scene over here. I just got my GT500 back from Griggs last week 9/3 and have had several TS members ask me to post pics and a write-up on the build but I just don't want to deal with the drama such a post would generate on the TS forum. Lots of good Folks on the TS site, it's a shame what's going on over there.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread