What's wrong with this picture?

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member

Take a look at the FUEL gauge showing 3/4 tank - true, I'm an optimist, but I think everyone will agree that this is a pretty FULL tank. Now notice the digital reading in the Tach gauge... "FUEL LEVEL LOW" 34 miles to "E" (meaning empty). Now I'm sure the car is running since the needle is where it's at... man, that's some bad gas mileage :lol1: Nothing like Ford's Job One :kaboom: or whatever they call it now.

Oh, btw... just in case you haven't guessed, this is an 07 Shelby being sold on eBay - at time of this post, it was at around $57k and Reserve Was Not Met.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Low Gas but the needle is on 3/4ths :poke:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
They may have just started it, the rpms are still high, and the needels all sweep on the start. May just not be the gadge was done sweeping?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Hmmm, another fine Visteon-sourced electronic device, no doubt.

I can't see paying 50+ for any Mustang. I'll take my 500hp from a Windsor in a Fox body, thank you.

Meyer

Established Member
First thing I noticed was the 1500RPM 'idle' :). Now personally I would think thats a lot more concern than fuel tank reading low. As someone stated it does appear that gauges could have been reseting.

2slow50

Banned
HalfTime said:
They may have just started it, the rpms are still high, and the needels all sweep on the start. May just not be the gadge was done sweeping?
It had to be look at the temp it is still cold :idea:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
2slow50 said:
It had to be look at the temp it is still cold :idea:

hell with the temp look at the Oil Pres, it's just starting to move.

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
Double"O" said:
hell with the temp look at the Oil Pres, it's just starting to move.

Yep, I just was about to post...

The oil pressure should be well into normal on an idling car..Especially on a cold start, His motor is cold AND his pressure gauge is low?? I dont think so.....

Lankhoss

Established Member
Where's the oil pressure gauge? I'm seeing what appears to be a boost gauge in the upper right, but no oil gauge?

You will actually have the highest oil pressure when you first start up the car, by the way. Mine is normally at least twice as high.

IShb3w

Established Member
Lankhoss said:
Where's the oil pressure gauge? I'm seeing what appears to be a boost gauge in the upper right, but no oil gauge?

You will actually have the highest oil pressure when you first start up the car, by the way. Mine is normally at least twice as high.

dry sump ftw

Users who are viewing this thread