What's wrong?

rboscht

Established Member
My best run at the track is a 12.5@116 with my current setup.(2.8 pulley, JLP diablo flip chip, JLP cold air, Off-road X-pipe, Borla Catback) What's going on? I did a 12.9@110 stock.

I'm very frustrated...any help is appreciated.

03cobraminn

Established Member
I have the borla cat back and want the bbk offroad pipe how does it sound and did it give you more power.

NastyWS6

Established Member
What were your 60' times on both passes ? You more than like were spinning the tires for a while.

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
What were your 60' times on both passes ? You more than like were spinning the tires for a while.
2.0 60 foot time for both modded and stock passes. I know I had to be spinning...but a friend of mines 03' was running 11.9@121 the same day.....he has a 2.93 pulley, JLP cold air, JLP chip and flomaster exhaust.

I was expecting to get better times with the 2.80...Does not having an idler hurt me by 5mph and .5 in the 1/4?

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobraminn
I have the borla cat back and want the bbk offroad pipe how does it sound and did it give you more power.
can't say how much power the bbk gave individually b/c I put the cat back and x-pipe on at the same time...however it sounds very very good. Its loud...thats all I can say.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
If you want to run 11s you'll probably need drag radials or slicks.

Powershifting seems to be worth 2-3 MPH, that could be a major difference between you and your friend.

Was your buddy running on street tires?

Track conditions make a lot of difference too.

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by slow lane
If you want to run 11s you'll probably need drag radials or slicks.

Powershifting seems to be worth 2-3 MPH, that could be a major difference between you and your friend.

Was your buddy running on street tires?

Track conditions make a lot of difference too.
My buddy and I ran at the same track same day. He doesnt powershift and hes running on street tires.

I don't know whats wrong with the car. The only thing I keep coming up with is that I dont have an idler. Is it possible that belt slippage can cause loss of .5 second difference in the 1/4?

trey193

Established Member
I feel your pain I ran at the track a couple of weeks ago the times in my sig, a good friend of mine was running the same day and he was over 3mph faster than me and a tenth faster et wise and to boot I had the better 60ft time of us both by a tent that goes to show his car is much stronger than mine and we have close to the same mods. I think its all in the tune in my opinion. Did you and your buddy get the JLP chips at the same time,?? over time the tuners come up with better programs and your bud may have gotten a better program, I am still searching for one from Rick that fits my combo. But yes 5mph difference your car is down on power from the tune or something, 1-2 I can see but not 5 in your case and almost 4mph in my case!

rboscht

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I think its all in the tune in my opinion. Did you and your buddy get the JLP chips at the same time,?? over time the tuners come up with better programs and your bud may have gotten a better program, I am still searching for one from Rick that fits my combo. But yes 5mph difference your car is down on power from the tune or something, 1-2 I can see but not 5 in your case and almost 4mph in my case!

Yeah I was thinking about the tune as well...so I called JLP gave him the code for the race tune and he said it was a good program. My friend got his tuned about 1 month before me. I have to call him and see if we have the same program.

Users who are viewing this thread