whats your oppinions on this

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
first off i havent made up my mind yet as to what im going to do,
just wanted to see some feedback on what you think would be a fair price, and who might be interested, what i can get for this will be a detemining factor as to which rout i take..

first idea= swap out the 1.5 unit for a 2.2
cost about 2 to 3 grand
unit will fit existing hardware, but a boost bypass will have to be fabed in lost of fabrication work to make it right , plus bigger injectors new tune and such
this should produce 550 to 600 rwhp at 20 psi

second idea= take off kb kit, (thats where selling it comes in) and install a hellion turbo kit
will need stock or shortie headders, and a stock intake, that i already sold, stupid me.
will cost about 8 to 10 grand. with everything done, k brace a arms coil overs and all come with kit
will produce 850 to 1000 rwhp

will need a bank loan for idea 2
can do idea 1 with tax returns

with that said
the kb kit willl include entire kit like it comes from kb
plus my extras
42 pound injectors
255 lpm in tank pump
killer chiller intercooler
12 psi pully
c&l true flow inlet pipe
80mm c&l mass air meter
k&n filter
a pillar guage pod with fuel pressuer and boost guages
bbk long tube headders
gutted out on road h pipe
will also sell compucar nitrous kit, good to 150 hp

my car put down 400 rwhp, with a engine that has 7.8 to 1 compression with this setup not including the nitrous, a higher compression engine will make more power, i had my engine built for boost, and i want to be able to make mad power, but the small kb kit i have now will only do 12 psi, engine will hold over 1000 hp and 30 psi of booost, so i want to go for it

like i said i havent made up my mind yet, just asking what you guys think i should do and if i do what would all that be worth, and who might want it.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
uh, you are gonna need 03 heads for a 2.2, or some kinda fabbed up lower intake.

not to mention you will strongly want to intercool your boost.

and jesus christ dude, 7.8 compression? this ain't 1973, thats silly low.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
It's spelled Idea:-D

Do not take out a loan for a car mod. If you want the turbos save up until you can pay cash for them.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
uh, you are gonna need 03 heads for a 2.2, or some kinda fabbed up lower intake.

not to mention you will strongly want to intercool your boost.

and jesus christ dude, 7.8 compression? this ain't 1973, thats silly low.
the compression was done so the engine could see over 30 psi of boost, it was a misscommunicatoin it was supposed to be a 9 to 1 motor, but all he heard was blower car, and built it way to much. lower compresson = more boost you can run and more timing with boost, remember more boost and less compression will always equal more power than less boost with high compression, as for the 2.2 swap i have done all the recerch, and the 2.2 unit will fit on the existing kit, all you need is the compressor witch is 1500 bucks new, i already worked all the details out with kb themselves, you must fab up a boost bypass valve, thats the reason they dont ofer an upgrade, no place to mount it , and keep the stock stuff, so to do this you have to make or buy an imrc delete, and throw away the imrc motor, too make room for your bypass valve, cut a hole in the bottom of the open house intake manifold, and install it there, run vaccume lines to it, and bypass line to the front of your mass air meter, kb said the intercooler is not much of a problem, you just have to run a fewer degrees less timing, and loose about 30 hp over the intercooled versions of the 03 cobra kit at same boost levels. but most 03 cobra owners only run 17 psi, and if i do this ill be maxing the blower out at 24 psi, and due to my lower compression i can actually run way more timing without said intercooler, and also i will be running my killerchiller intercooler that is on the car now, it works well, it cools the air before it goes into the blower.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
blackfang said:
Damn Mike, either way the plate still speaks for itself.
ha ha its never fast enough, i won a prize at a mustang meet in d.c a few weeks ago for coolest licese plate.. lol..

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
blackfang said:
I hear ya. Hey have you been to Richmond Dragway yet?
not so far this year. i kinda want to make some changes before i run it, im getting a TKO tranny, and i want that in before i do run it , so i can give her all she got, now im baybing the heck out of it

Quadcammer

Established Member
cobra mike said:
the compression was done so the engine could see over 30 psi of boost, it was a misscommunicatoin it was supposed to be a 9 to 1 motor, but all he heard was blower car, and built it way to much. lower compresson = more boost you can run and more timing with boost, remember more boost and less compression will always equal more power than less boost with high compression, as for the 2.2 swap i have done all the recerch, and the 2.2 unit will fit on the existing kit, all you need is the compressor witch is 1500 bucks new, i already worked all the details out with kb themselves, you must fab up a boost bypass valve, thats the reason they dont ofer an upgrade, no place to mount it , and keep the stock stuff, so to do this you have to make or buy an imrc delete, and throw away the imrc motor, too make room for your bypass valve, cut a hole in the bottom of the open house intake manifold, and install it there, run vaccume lines to it, and bypass line to the front of your mass air meter, kb said the intercooler is not much of a problem, you just have to run a fewer degrees less timing, and loose about 30 hp over the intercooled versions of the 03 cobra kit at same boost levels. but most 03 cobra owners only run 17 psi, and if i do this ill be maxing the blower out at 24 psi, and due to my lower compression i can actually run way more timing without said intercooler, and also i will be running my killerchiller intercooler that is on the car now, it works well, it cools the air before it goes into the blower.

you are a tard, and not worth my time.

go run 24 psi without an intercooler, and cool the air before its compressed :loser:

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
you are a tard, and not worth my time.

go run 24 psi without an intercooler, and cool the air before its compressed :loser:
im shure you know everything about everything, i guess the guys at KB dont know what they are talking about eather becase they told me it would be fine as long as i got a built shortblock. and by the way i got info streight from them., im shure you invented superchargers. if the tune is right you can do it, but it will cost horsepower. its called running lower timming. so what type of mechanical genious are you anyways? just wondering who to send the nobel prize to.
you dont know me or what i do, i guess helping build 1000 hp rwhp turbo cars and 600 hp all moter cars on the side dosent qualify me as knowing anything about it, what have you done?
oh and here is the link to the killerchiller web site, you know that thing you dont belive cools the air before it goes into the blower http://killerchiller.com/

Last edited:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i say you go for the KB, it would be pretty badass saying you have a 2.2 and not many if any SN95 owners can say they have one

Quadcammer

Established Member
cobra mike said:
im shure you know everything about everything, i guess the guys at KB dont know what they are talking about eather becase they told me it would be fine as long as i got a built shortblock, im shure you invented superchargers. if the tune is right you can do it, but it will cost horsepower. its called running lower timming. so what type of mechanical genious are you anyways? just wondering who to send the nobel prize to.
you dont know me or what i do, i guess helping build 1000 hp rwhp turbo cars and 600 hp all moter cars on the side dosent qualify me as knowing anything about it, what have you done?

lets analyze your previous post mr. master engine builder.

"the compression was done so the engine could see over 30 psi of boost, it was a misscommunicatoin it was supposed to be a 9 to 1 motor, but all he heard was blower car, and built it way to much. lower compresson = more boost you can run and more timing with boost, remember more boost and less compression will always equal more power than less boost with high compression, as for the 2.2 swap i have done all the recerch, and the 2.2 unit will fit on the existing kit, all you need is the compressor witch is 1500 bucks new, i already worked all the details out with kb themselves, you must fab up a boost bypass valve, thats the reason they dont ofer an upgrade, no place to mount it , and keep the stock stuff, so to do this you have to make or buy an imrc delete, and throw away the imrc motor, too make room for your bypass valve, cut a hole in the bottom of the open house intake manifold, and install it there, run vaccume lines to it, and bypass line to the front of your mass air meter, kb said the intercooler is not much of a problem, you just have to run a fewer degrees less timing, and loose about 30 hp over the intercooled versions of the 03 cobra kit at same boost levels. but most 03 cobra owners only run 17 psi, and if i do this ill be maxing the blower out at 24 psi, and due to my lower compression i can actually run way more timing without said intercooler, and also i will be running my killerchiller intercooler that is on the car now, it works well, it cools the air before it goes into the blower."

7.8 compression (which requires a custom piston) so you can run 30 lbs of boost. I can run 30lbs of boost on stock compression. Are you gonna run either on pump gas? **** no. Therefore, the higher the compression the better. Once you decide to run race gas, the sky is the limit and 7.8 compression isn't the answer.

More boost and lower cr makes more power than high compression and low boost. How about a big fat bullshit. In every situation the higher compression will make more power. The only limiting factor is octane. however, you will certainly make more torque with high compression.

if the 2.2 will fit on the existing kit, how do you explain why not one person has a 2.2 on a stock headed b head car.

you may only lose 30 hp when the car is cold. ever hear of heat soak. that 30 hp when cold turns into 70rwhp when warm.

you say cobra owners run 17psi with a cooler, but since you have lower compression you can run 24 without? what the **** kinda sense does that make. .7 points of compression isn't gonna make your 24psi non cooled run colder than a cooled 17psi.

finally, this cooling the air before the blower. absolutely retarded.

ok, you take 50 degree air, and compress it with 24psi. discharge temps of probably about 250 degrees, if not more.

Now take 10 degree air, and compress it at 24psi. discharge temps will be about 230 degrees. Wowzers, thats a huge difference.

as for me, I have run a blown cobra with over 600rwhp for over 2 years, on pump gas.

wow, 1000rwhp turbo cars, bfd. 600hp all motor, again, wow.

what does helping to build mean anyway, painting the valve covers.

go ahead junior, go build your 24psi, non intercooled, b headed, 7.8 compression motor (which im sure has forged rods, not billet) and come back when you've either rattled it to death, or made about 200rwhp less than it should if it was done properly.

Quadcammer

Established Member
i looked at killerchiller.com

not once do they mention cooling the air before you compress it.

want to know why? because thats ****ing pointless.

You use the cooler to reduce the temps that occur due to the compression of the air, not the ambient temps.

I would think that such an experienced engine builder with plenty of 1000rwhp turbo cars would know that.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
lets analyze your previous post mr. master engine builder.

"the compression was done so the engine could see over 30 psi of boost, it was a misscommunicatoin it was supposed to be a 9 to 1 motor, but all he heard was blower car, and built it way to much. lower compresson = more boost you can run and more timing with boost, remember more boost and less compression will always equal more power than less boost with high compression, as for the 2.2 swap i have done all the recerch, and the 2.2 unit will fit on the existing kit, all you need is the compressor witch is 1500 bucks new, i already worked all the details out with kb themselves, you must fab up a boost bypass valve, thats the reason they dont ofer an upgrade, no place to mount it , and keep the stock stuff, so to do this you have to make or buy an imrc delete, and throw away the imrc motor, too make room for your bypass valve, cut a hole in the bottom of the open house intake manifold, and install it there, run vaccume lines to it, and bypass line to the front of your mass air meter, kb said the intercooler is not much of a problem, you just have to run a fewer degrees less timing, and loose about 30 hp over the intercooled versions of the 03 cobra kit at same boost levels. but most 03 cobra owners only run 17 psi, and if i do this ill be maxing the blower out at 24 psi, and due to my lower compression i can actually run way more timing without said intercooler, and also i will be running my killerchiller intercooler that is on the car now, it works well, it cools the air before it goes into the blower."

7.8 compression (which requires a custom piston) so you can run 30 lbs of boost. I can run 30lbs of boost on stock compression. Are you gonna run either on pump gas? **** no. Therefore, the higher the compression the better. Once you decide to run race gas, the sky is the limit and 7.8 compression isn't the answer.

More boost and lower cr makes more power than high compression and low boost. How about a big fat bullshit. In every situation the higher compression will make more power. The only limiting factor is octane. however, you will certainly make more torque with high compression.

if the 2.2 will fit on the existing kit, how do you explain why not one person has a 2.2 on a stock headed b head car.

you may only lose 30 hp when the car is cold. ever hear of heat soak. that 30 hp when cold turns into 70rwhp when warm.

you say cobra owners run 17psi with a cooler, but since you have lower compression you can run 24 without? what the **** kinda sense does that make. .7 points of compression isn't gonna make your 24psi non cooled run colder than a cooled 17psi.

finally, this cooling the air before the blower. absolutely retarded.

ok, you take 50 degree air, and compress it with 24psi. discharge temps of probably about 250 degrees, if not more.

Now take 10 degree air, and compress it at 24psi. discharge temps will be about 230 degrees. Wowzers, thats a huge difference.

as for me, I have run a blown cobra with over 600rwhp for over 2 years, on pump gas.

wow, 1000rwhp turbo cars, bfd. 600hp all motor, again, wow.

what does helping to build mean anyway, painting the valve covers.

go ahead junior, go build your 24psi, non intercooled, b headed, 7.8 compression motor (which im sure has forged rods, not billet) and come back when you've either rattled it to death, or made about 200rwhp less than it should if it was done properly.
well to tell you the truth sir, you are just an arrogent ass, and i really dont give a rats ass what you think you know. i really dont mind constructive critisiem if you posted your conserns for my idea in a civil matter insted of resorting to childish name calling i would have taken this much different, but they way you say things is very assholeish.. maybe if you tried to help insted of put down people, you wouldent get into conversations like this, go ahead and ethug away, ill call KB back and tell them that they need to hire you as thir new president beings you know more than them or anybody on the planet. all i said was idea, and i did all the resech on the subject. im shure you did alot of reserch on the matter before you posted.
im shure you built your 600 hp car from the ground up i built mine, all execpt for the shortblock, and run dual power adders all installed and tuned by me and its been running for over 6 years without a problem. im through stooping to your level, im going to be the adult here.. something you obviously know nothing about..
this is my last post to you, say whatever you want i wont reply to it because i feel dumber for having even read your trash talk.
go ahaed and Ethug me now till your little hearts content.

END

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
sorry for everyone who had to endure this ethug event, all i wanted was some friendly input, on 2 ideas.
not to get into a argument with people.
if anyone has some positive input or feed back please feel free to post it
mainly all i wanted wast to guage interest on the KB kit i had intended to sell to buy a turbo kit.
but that point was missed by some.
if you dont have anything positive to say please keep it to yourself thanks

Quadcammer

Established Member
cobra mike said:
well to tell you the truth sir, you are just an arrogent ass, and i really dont give a rats ass what you think you know. i really dont mind constructive critisiem if you posted your conserns for my idea in a civil matter insted of resorting to childish name calling i would have taken this much different, but they way you say things is very assholeish.. maybe if you tried to help insted of put down people, you wouldent get into conversations like this, go ahead and ethug away, ill call KB back and tell them that they need to hire you as thir new president beings you know more than them or anybody on the planet. all i said was idea, and i did all the resech on the subject. im shure you did alot of reserch on the matter before you posted.
im shure you built your 600 hp car from the ground up i built mine, all execpt for the shortblock, and run dual power adders all installed and tuned by me and its been running for over 6 years without a problem. im through stooping to your level, im going to be the adult here.. something you obviously know nothing about..
this is my last post to you, say whatever you want i wont reply to it because i feel dumber for having even read your trash talk.
go ahaed and Ethug me now till your little hearts content.

END

in other words, you said something dumb, i called you on it, and you back pedaled.

please, show me one, just one manufacturer that cools the air before the turbo/blower, and not after.

just one, and I will eat crow.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Mike, I'd be interested in the KB when the time comes.
other than that I'm staying out of this. lol
no problem ill probably be selling it for around 2.5 k with all the parts listed in original post, the killer chiller will also come with it, its a draw through cooler, link in above post somwhere check it out. on a 100 degree day outside, the air intering the engine is about 76 degrees, usually 25 below ambent temp. it made 27 more hp on the dyno when its on, its kinda like bringing good weather with ya. anyway thanks for sticking to the subject, send me a pm, so i can remember that you want it, just remember it may be several months till i can do anything.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Killer Chiller

Draw-through kit with subfreezing ability
Call for pricing
System comes with "Chiller" assy, all electrical harnesses, LED power switch, brackets, hardware, digital temperature gauge, 1 diverter valve, 1 45° intake tube, 1 T-45 bypass tube, 1 air filter, 1 diverter switch and harness, silicone hoses for coupling and installation manual.

Killer Chiller

Blow-through kit with subfreezing ability
Call for pricing
System comes with "Chiller" assy, all electrical harnesses, LED power switch, brackets, hardware, digital temperature gauge, 2 diverter valves, by-pass hose, 2 T-45 tubing assy and harness, silicone hoses for coupling, and installation manual.

mine is draw through, with the extreem chiller upgrade, without the subfreezing diverter

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Quad is right. You want to cool the air after it gets compressed. That's the point of a cooler, to help remove the heat caused by the blower. Ever looked at an 03-04 Cobra, SC Roush or SC Saleen? They all have the coolers after the blower.

Quad knows his stuff, so whether you like the way he comes off or not you should listen. He's been there and done that when it comes to a supercharged mod motor.

But anyways, good luck with whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread