whats your take on this?

BlkLightning01

Established Member
Long story short I havent driven my truck in over 2months. I replaced the relays and fuses and just finally decided to order a fuel pump assembly (whole unit) at AutoZone.....it was 279$....the next day I cancelled it because I thought my problem was fixed cause my truck started.........WELL, it was just a tease cause it only started once. I already cancelled my order, so I decided to just buy the pumps themselves. Came across this on ebay and here is their site. I bought 2 pumps (each 69$).....

http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPumps/

HOPEFULLY I DIDNT MAKE A MISTAKE. THEY SHOULD COME IN ON FRIDAY.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
If it was me I would buy the best fuel pumps.Its a pain dropping the tank and changing them..or moving the bed back 2 feet.. to get at them....

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I have seen those, don't know anyone who has tried them. LFP has the 255 kit for like 200 I think. Let us know how the work. Hope you get your baby fixed.

BlkLightning01

Established Member
son of a whore....I got the pumps in that i ordered. Put them on and, its doing the same damn thing. turn the key, pumps only prime for a split second and it dont start. not the fuses, relay or pumps. This is what someone told me on this F150 forum....

"Looking at the 2001 lightning wiring diagrams ther are three relays that control the fuel pumps the fuel pump relay high low fuel pump relay and also an inertia switch relay also located in the same under hood box also there is a resister located behind the bumper cover mounted with the intercooler pump. I believe this resistor is used for normal operation so if you had a coroded plug or bad resistor it may cause this problem. I would check this circuit the resistance is 7 ohms also check the ground circuit at the fuel pump. you may have a problem back there as you state that it did work after you were in that area. I had a ground problem with some Autometer guages that drove me nuts, I had grounded them with an eye on a large dash bolt at times when i turned the dash lts on the boost guage and egt would not work had to remove bolt and sand paint from mounting surface thats how touchy these grounds are. The ground for the resistor is on the drivers side of the rad support.There are two connectors that I would check for any corrosion etc. one is near the fuel tank in the center of the truck and the other one is under the hood near the relay box. GOOD LUCK"

gonna try this, if it dont work...I already got an appointment with Ford on Saturday. drain me of another couple hundred bucks just to find out its a goddamn wire or something AHH i dont know! :cuss: :cuss: :cryying: :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread