What's you're opinons on dumps??

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
Well I took my old mac cat-back off last week at the shop. I replaced them with original 40 series 2 chambers. I currently have them dumped with my o/r H...I have to say they sound INSANE!!! I have the tailpipes (notch back ones that follow the rear bumper line) but I'm not sure if I want to put them on haha.

How many of you are running dumps? I always loved the sound with tailpipes but I have to say the dumps sound SICK!!

My94GT

Established Member
i run bassani dumps and love it. yes its loud on the inside but this isnt my DD anymore and even when i did DD it i still loved the sound. i get too many complements with the dumps. and i like the look over having tail pipes

slow98cobra

Established Member
+1 for Flows with dumps on a 5.0. I used that setup on my 94 for 3 years and never got tired of the sound. On a 4v, it is a different story. I took the tailpipes off one day to check the sound and immediately put them back on.

COBRASVT

Established Member
I had them on my 95. Loved 'em. Liked the look of not having the pipes sticking out the rears and the sound/rumble was awesome. Had a 302 in that thought with Flows, but not sure how it would sound w/the 4.6. Probably great.

Wouldn't look right w/the Saleen rear, so sticking with the pipes on this one.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Well I took my old mac cat-back off last week at the shop. I replaced them with original 40 series 2 chambers. I currently have them dumped with my o/r H...I have to say they sound INSANE!!! I have the tailpipes (notch back ones that follow the rear bumper line) but I'm not sure if I want to put them on haha.

How many of you are running dumps? I always loved the sound with tailpipes but I have to say the dumps sound SICK!!

How'd you have them dumped? with all the problems I've been having with my tailpipes I was thinking of doing the same thing.

MouTine

Established Member
I had seen and red some weird things here and this one of these. I would never ever cut back pipes off. Sick.

My94GT

Established Member
i just run open muffler. i really need to look into getting some turn dows. and MouTine the cars sound great with dumps.

351inside

Established Member
I unfortunately had to cut them off because one of the pipes completely broke off. The weld didnt hold good enough, i dont have them dumped but i like the way it sounds, better thatn before, i want to go back to tailpiapes once i put my borlas in but im not sure

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i have open mufflers too, cabin resanance(sp?) can get really bad at times. but not too bad, especially since it sounds so badass. This is with Flows too.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
i have open mufflers too, cabin resanance(sp?) can get really bad at times. but not too bad, especially since it sounds so badass. This is with Flows too.

same here I have open mufflers with no turn downs. I wonder if there is any sound difference between an open muffler and putting the turn down tips on :shrug:

Helomech74

Established Member
I run dumps and love the sound. At the moment I am running a Bassani Catless X pipe and flowmaster 40's with dumps. I had no choice, as my tires were hitting the tail pipes. I actually prefer the way the SN95's look without the tailpipes.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
same here I have open mufflers with no turn downs. I wonder if there is any sound difference between an open muffler and putting the turn down tips on :shrug:

I wouldn't run it that way for very long. You will be heating the gas and possibly melting some of the plastic lines back there.

I run dumps, but they are a bit loud actually.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I wouldn't run it that way for very long. You will be heating the gas and possibly melting some of the plastic lines back there.

I run dumps, but they are a bit loud actually.

There is not enough heat from the exhaust gases to warm up the gas, it has to travel like a foot then heat the plastic around the tank...then warm up the gas. Unless your tip is like 2 inches away, then you need to be careful.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Friend ran MAC headers / H-pipe/ Dumps on his 85 Notch and I always remember how great that car sounded. Loud inside, but it was such an intimidating sound on the street. Lots of echo from underneath :)

Users who are viewing this thread