Whatta ya think

Jgruggs

Established Member
I ordered some red brake caliper paint and have it on the way, off ebay. Now after visiting the G2 site I find that they have matching colors for Mustangs....dummy me , I shoulda researched a little before jumping. Anyway, it's coming and I want to know will red look ok on my Red Fire vert or should I order the red fire color for my car. Really want to get this on by this weekend for a car show, if I go with the red fire color I won't have it by this weekend. Whats a fella to do? :??:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
IMO, brake caliper paint isn't make or break if you're trying to be competitive in a car show - unless it's hot import nights. Skip the paint until you get the color you truly want and just spend $5 on some brake cleaner/degreaser and just spiff them up for the time being. Eagle 1 Chrome cleaner actually works really well, too. I use it for my rims, but it's so strong, it actually made my brakes look brand new, no scrubbing at all required.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^If you have aftermarket rotors that are zinc plated,watch what you use on them,some of the products take the coating off and they`ll start rusting!
OP,do the have all the colors?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bright red probably won't look that great on Redfire, I think black would look better. Try the Duplicolor stuff they sell at walmart and autozone. It's cheaper than G2 and I've used it before to good results.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I ordered some red brake caliper paint and have it on the way, off ebay. Now after visiting the G2 site I find that they have matching colors for Mustangs....dummy me , I shoulda researched a little before jumping. Anyway, it's coming and I want to know will red look ok on my Red Fire vert or should I order the red fire color for my car. Really want to get this on by this weekend for a car show, if I go with the red fire color I won't have it by this weekend. Whats a fella to do? :??:

Do them black. Red calipers are for anniversary models only.

Jgruggs

Established Member
Well I ordered the red fire paint today. I'll give the red paint to a friend. Yes #694 they have all colors. Yeah, I know brake cap paint won't make me or brake me HAHA made a funny, anyway, I'm just kinda anal bout things on the car and really decided that red just want do , and like someone else said it's for the tenth anny cars anyway. All cleaned up with brake cleaner for now. Thanks everyone for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread