Wheel and Tire question on 2013 5.0

Shinigami23

Established Member
Hello everyone I'm new to this site, but not new to the Mustang scene. I had a few questions regarding getting some new wheels for my 2013 GT. I was thinking about putting 19x9.5 up front and 20x10 on the rear. This isn't set in stone and I am open for someone more experienced with this to maybe point me in the right direction. I'm not real concerned with being able to rotate my tires, I just want to know if there is any real benefit to having a larger wheel in the rear as opposed to 19s all the way around? My other question is with either application what is the biggest tire size I can put up front and in the rear without throwing off the speedo?

Thanks

Shinigami23

Established Member
Also I'll be getting a tuner soon so I would assume I can correct changes in tire size?

Thanks Again

Shinigami23

Established Member
I was thinking about going 20 all the way around, I just don't want it to look like it's on DUBs or anything. Haven't seen in person what 20s look like on my model car. Want it to be able to perform well too.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Traction is more about a quality tire than it is about tire width. With that being said, I'd go with 20s. They fill the wheel well and you can get a wider tire (for cosmetics) easier/cheaper. I wouldn't get a rear wheel narrower than 11".

Tires on 19s tend to be much lighter in weight but short and pricey.

Shinigami23

Established Member
Good to know that is probably the route I will go. With that being said what size tires would look good on the front and rear? I am probably going to go with the Avant Garde M310s, but I haven't decided on if I want to go with matte black or dolphin grey. Anyone have any side by side comparisons on the new 5.0s that isn't a professional photo? Want a more real world look at them on my car body style car is why I ask. My car is black.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
These cars were supposed to come with 20's when they were first announced with the new body style. And if you properly size your tires nobody would even be able to tell the difference. I'll take a picture to show you tomorrow how my 20's are the same height as my 19's with the stock 245/45's.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Until then here's another shot to show you that 20's are not too big.

IMG_1799_zpsc049a505.jpg

Shinigami23

Established Member
By all means the more pictures I have to look at the easier my descision will be. Thanks to all that post! Wheels and tires aren't cheap so I want to make sure I get this right the first time around.

Users who are viewing this thread