Wheel Fitment Question....EXPERTS HELP!

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well, i've finally decided to get a new set of wheels for the ride and am going with a unique setup....Tired of seeing Mustangs on the same old Saleens, FR's, and Cobra R's. The only issue that comes with that is, of course, fitment.

I'm not super educated when it comes to wheel offsets and such, so I need some help from my SVTP brethren...

The fronts are 18x8.5 (5x114.3) w/ a 20mm offset and according to the fitment guide, they should fit just fine.

The problem arises when it comes to the rear wheel sizes. They are offered in a 18x9.5 BUT with two separate offsets and I really don't know which set would fit better and allow for a larger lip out back....

18x9.5 (5x114.3) w/ a 25mm OFFSET

OR

18x9.5 (5x114.3) w/ a 35mm OFFSET

Any clue which of the two rear sizes would sit better out back (ie: more flush and bigger lip)?

Thanks In Advance

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
25mm is what you want out of the two.

The higher the number, the more the wheel will tuck in.

HoustonGT

Established Member
So i'm guessing ill basically end up sacrificing the size of the lip for the wheel to sit out a bit more and flush with the fender since both wheels have the same backspacing?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Perhaps. The difference is all of 3/8". In the grand scheme of lips, that's not much. IMO, a wheel with a slightly smaller lip that is more flush with the fender looks better than one with a larger lip but tucked.

HoustonGT

Established Member
Yea, very true. Thanks for all the help.

BTW what rims are those on your cobra in the avatar?

The ones I'm planning to get are a mesh multi-spoke setup as well to get away from the typical 5 spoke look.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
BBS RG-R wheels that I sold like 2 years ago. It's really time to get some new pictures. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread