Wheel fitment question

flynz

Established Member
just picked up a set of weld rts s77 finally but just noticed in ad it says 17x9.5 with 6.5 backspace 32mm offset... I think our cars call for 7.0 b/s and 42mm. Anyone running this set up with pics available or know if it will clear okay

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That backspacing boils down to a 25mm offset. I think you'll have problems.

flynz

Established Member
@Catmonkey For reference they’re coming from a 2015-2017 s550 car. The picture sent shows them mounted on the rear of an s550 at the gas station. I’m thinking he’s confused about the specs and these are the 8.0 b/s and 61mm offset I keep seeing on every vendors site for the s550 rear wheels.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It would have to be a pretty narrow tire to fit under the fender with the 6.5" backspace. 8" backspacing for a 10" width would probably be ideal.

50stangpower

Established Member
22j7QxJ

flynz

Established Member
To the top, proper wheel specs put in first post 17x9.5 6.5b/s 32mm offset will post pics as long as they fit. Will be running 305/45/17 MT super street s/s

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see it tucking under the outer fender. By my calculations, it'll be a bit beyond an inch outside the fender if the specs you posted are correct.

flynz

Established Member
@Catmonkey we will see... for the price I can always resell and get money back from an S550 owner

Last edited:

50stangpower

Established Member
Also food for thought. I had a rock get stock in between my wheel and rear caliper. scarred the inner barrel up pretty good. 17" is a tight fit, or I just have bad luck.

flynz

Established Member
@50stangpower On the 18x10.5 race stars I just removed for these it was a scary close fit too, couldn’t put more than 4 business cards between wheel and caliper. I’m hoping with the 6.5 backspace it actually pushes it out just a little. I like how the rear wheel on your car sits and tire is out just a tad, again your car looks amazing, one of the reasons I bought a GT500 in all honesty would want to happen to sell your wheel set up would you?

50stangpower

Established Member
Thanks for the compliment. The only way the wheels are going is if I sell the car. The Tires change the entire feeling of the car. I am hoping I will actually drive and enjoy it more this coming year. I am so paranoid about keeping it clean that I barely drive it and it has lost some of its appeal. I will usually just hop in my LS YJ and cruise anywhere with the top off.

Users who are viewing this thread