Wheel Help

smanderson6571

Established Member
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this so I apologize if it isn't but but Quick question that i hope somebody here can help with

Just got in a New edge gt that was hit in the right door and rocker that we are building for my dad. (Him and I own and operate a local body shop) It has 18" FR500 style wheels in silver on it with center caps that say ford racing and have ford racing stamped in the lip. One of the wheels was ruined when the car got hit and we are having a hard time finding someplace to get another for it. Its possible I'm just not looking in the right places :shrug: but does anybody have any ideas or know where i can get one to match? Any help is greatly appreciated! :rockon:

Khor1um

not sure if you've looked or not, however CJponyparts has the wheels in silver. You were looking for the wheels right? If im not mistaken the caps are just that, caps. If im too vague let me know, but you should (and i use that term lightly) be able to find a wheel for decent price they usually range from 150-170 bucks for an 18" in silver. Hope i was of some help, also try Americanmuscle and latemodelrestoration. :dancenana: also!!! thank you for posting, these are the wheels ive been looking for, for my cobra! :beer:

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
With the Ford Racing stamped on the inside I'm going to bet that it has the real deal authentic FR500's. unfortunately I don't believe you can buy an authentic FR wheel anymore just replicas that they sell online. In the cobra wheel and tire section I do believe someone is currently selling an authentic set of these, worth taking a look.

smanderson6571

Established Member
Yes i am looking for the actual wheel itself I have all the center caps and they are just caps yes, They are silver with a brushed lip and have ford racing stamped in the lip of the wheel in red

smanderson6571

Established Member
With the Ford Racing stamped on the inside I'm going to bet that it has the real deal authentic FR500's. unfortunately I don't believe you can buy an authentic FR wheel anymore just replicas that they sell online. In the cobra wheel and tire section I do believe someone is currently selling an authentic set of these, worth taking a look.

That set for sale is exactly what I am looking for lol, although im just needing one..any knowledge of anybody with a set that is broke up? Ive looked and looked and cant find anything online so they may not be for sale new anymore like you said? :shrug:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yeah unfortunately I don't think you can buy authentic ones new anymore.. Really your only options are to try to source one authentic used one down, which you very rarely see. Or buy a replica and get it painted to match yours.

You could possibly give Ford a call, explain to them the situation and see of maybe somewhere in some random spot they accidentally forgot they had one sitting around. Worth a shot I suppose lol

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I'm with the above, factory fr500s are probably long gone and the ones that are left will most likely be in sets since no one will break them up. Aftermarket will be your best choice now unless you are extremely lucky.

smanderson6571

Established Member
Thats what i was figuring after looking around but figured it was worth a shot lol..now next question and hopefully i dont get too much hate on this thought but its just about a two inch chunk of the actual lip that is broke off..not the whole brushed lip but the actual lip of the wheel (if that made any sense? lol)..Ive got a very talented local aluminum welder..thoughts on attempting to have him lay a bead on it and just refinish the lip..? I dont want to push my luck on something like this but at the same time hate to put a mismatched wheel on the car

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
If he can fix it to where you are satisfied with it I'd go for it, people have wheels fixed/redone/straightened all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread