Wheel Hop, Who Has It???

ArabianOak

Established Member
I hate to say it but the rears are a lot worse than the front. I watched my shop do it and it took about 30-45 minutes on each side. The fronts seemed to take about half that. It's a great mod for the money though!

ArabianOak

Established Member
I should add that SID is probably right though. My shop had all the tools for the front struts and made it look easy.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I should add that SID is probably right though. My shop had all the tools for the front struts and made it look easy.

If you have professional strut tools that part is cake. Not so much if you're using screw-style spring compressors like most of us would be.

olaosunt

Established Member
If you have professional strut tools that part is cake. Not so much if you're using screw-style spring compressors like most of us would be.

Thanks guys.
Fortunately I leave the wrenching to the pros .lol.
So would you say 1 hour for the rears? I get a very reduced "performance" hourly rate from my guy at Ford (I think he would do it for free if it was up to him)
He is really cool though and has been doing all my stuff( 11 GT500,12 GT and now 15)now for the last 3 years .
He is also seasoned drag racer so always has tips.
I usually have him drive/drag the car after his work to set myself a realistic target to chase.
usually I can surpass it after a year of seat time!

Users who are viewing this thread