Wheel hop...

Justin81

Established Member
I had terrible wheel hop when on stock suspension. I never could have made it past the 60ft on the track.

I did Koni Sport Yellows, Ford K-Springs (2 inch total drop), Steeda Billet Lower C/A with the spherical/Delran ends, Billet Upper Adjustable, Upper control arm Chassis Mount, Lower control arm Relocation brackets, HD Adjustable panhard with HD Panhard brace.

After that, I can't remember what wheel hop feels like. ;-)

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Now to decide whether to go with the Roush factory appearing style mount or one of the rotojoint or delsphere pivot joint style pieces.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
That's wild, I guess reducing the amount of up and down movement of the rear axle did it.

Nuar

Established Member
My wheel hop went away COMPLETELY after I installed my Eibach sportline springs and the Eibach shocks/struts. That alone mad it one of my favorite mods... Why the hell would Ford release a car with suspension that allowed any kind of wheel hop is beyond me.... it's a 400 horse power car... people will spin the rear tires... just saying...

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
That's wild, I guess reducing the amount of up and down movement of the rear axle did it.

Must be. A buddy of mine didn't really want to mod his car, but he couldn't live with the wheel hop. He bought BMR springs, LCA's and relo brackets. He put the springs on first and that did it for him. The LCA's and relo brackets are still sitting in his garage.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I kind of though the LCA's were a waste of money. It didn't do much at all. Figures I never had wheel hop in my 93 up F-bodys as I lowered all of them..... At least I didn't spend big $ and I suspect they do some good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread