Wheel hops gone!

Lomancobra

Established Member
I brought my car to the dealership today for the paint protection service, oil change, and 5 thousand mile service which includes rotating the tires. I get the car back and I'm driving home. My girlfriend is behind me at a light and I was messing around with her. I hit the gas a little and feel the tires slide alittle before the TC kicks in. But something was different, there was no hopping. I popped the TC off and tried to make it hop, but all they would do is light up just like they did in the summer. :-D Anyone else have this happen to them? I am baffled :shrug:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
I bet the dealer checked your tire pressure. If it's down to 26 lbs it really helps.

Rick

Yeah...... speaking of that.... what PSI do you guys run your front and rear tires at?

I run the fronts at 33 PSI and the rears at 25 PSI...

JSHTROD

Established Member
I run 30psi in all 4. I don't go looking for the hop, but have yet to experience it.

:)

Lomancobra

Established Member
Heres the deal:

I went out and checked the pressure. It showed 31 in the back tires. Then I tried a few launches again on different roads around town. Overall the hop got much better. However when I really mash the pedal from a stop it starts to hop at about 4 or 5K, but still not as violently as before the rotation. If I moderatly ease the throttle to the floor it really doesnt start hopping until redline, which is unusual for my car. I really don't understnad how a simple rotation could make such a huge improvement. The one thing I neglected to mention was the fact that I do have the amazon racing springs so I guess I have stage 2 of the anti-hop kit, but not stage 1. I forgot to mention this because I got the springs initially to lower the car not to stop the wheel hop. The wheel hop was unknown of in the summer. I'm gonna try to go down to 27 or 28psi and see how that works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread