Wheel Lug Question/PICS

2Sharpie

Established Member
Quick dumb question.......I'm putting on my extra set of powdercoated rims, and decided to go with McGards replacement lug that is all black. The thread size and height is the same, however the width of the lug is definitely not as wide. Is this something I need to be concerned about. Not that it probably has anything to do with it, but also - I hand tightened the lugs , and then when I went to torque them, it seemed every single one was loose again. Normal, or am I just a car-tard??? Thanks !!!
lugnutzz.jpg

blkwheel.jpg

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I prefer Rays lugs nuts. Aluminum and I prefer their key system over McGard.

6-Speed

Established Member
Just torque them down to spec and re-torque all the lug nuts after driving around a bit.

2Sharpie

Established Member
I use those I think. American Muscle sells them. I had no issues with them if they're the one's I have.

Those black wheels look great, maybe I should do that with my extra set.

Just torque them down to spec and re-torque all the lug nuts after driving around a bit.

Thanks for the replies all.......

More pics of wheels^^

Alan......complete pics tonight I hope!

2Sharpie

Established Member
What no pics??

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife had a ton of compost delivered/dumped Friday.....where'd they drop it? On the side of the driveway behind the garage door to the Shelby!! Needless to say, I have 1 side of wheels on, but not the other. And couldnt back it out to do the other side and some pics. Should be good to go Wed or Thurs........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Quick dumb question.......I'm putting on my extra set of powdercoated rims, and decided to go with McGards replacement lug that is all black. The thread size and height is the same, however the width of the lug is definitely not as wide. Is this something I need to be concerned about. Not that it probably has anything to do with it, but also - I hand tightened the lugs , and then when I went to torque them, it seemed every single one was loose again. Normal, or am I just a car-tard??? Thanks !!!
lugnutzz.jpg

blkwheel.jpg

I have been kicking around a set of heels for some time. I thought I may get the ALCOA in flat black but I just do not think I want the wheels that black on my black GT500. My right rear catches chips for some reason and I have two chips. I think what I will do is send my rears to Weldcraft and get them widened 1" and then powder coat.

It doesn't look like your wheels are solid black, maybe a shade of dark grey. I'm thinking a grey would look good and your color may be close. Could you shoot a couple more pics?

2Sharpie

Established Member
A couple of crappy pics from inside the garage....its absolutely pouring here, so I will have to wait till this weekend to get outside overall pics.

whl1.jpg

whl2.jpg

whl3t.jpg

2Sharpie

Established Member
Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Not sure about it. I know it goes with the emblems and such. I really like the way those wheels matched out color.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow Horse

Established Member
They are solid black......the powdercoat color is called "Black Jack"

Overhead Door Holder, Magnetic Door Holder, Hospital Push Pull Door Latch, Aluminum Door Gear Hinge

you can scroll down to the bottom of the color chart to see it......its just not really flat.

Man, I really appreciate the pics. I figured the lighting may lighten them up in your first pic. The new pics still give me an idea of what they will look like. I think they will look really good on a dark grey.

Your wheels look damed good. If I had a silver GT500 I would go jet black. But, for me light grey is what I think I will like on my black GT500.

Thanks,
Yeller

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread