wheel lugs(03cobra)

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
wheel studs(03cobra)

one of my wheel studs is broken, I would like to know what is involve in changing it. does the hub has to come off the car to be able to get to it and also I am staying with the stock studs.

thanks

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I watched my fronts being done (due to my lack of tooling equipment at the moment), and it consisted of taking a little rubber mallet, and popping them out.

Just slightly tap the stud until it starts to pop out from the back... You might have to remove the caliper brackets in order to get to some, but doing just one will take you ten minutes.

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
thanks, I am going to a ford dealer to buy a studs, try to do it today. Dont know how it broke, but I suspected the dealer over torque my lug nuts when they did my wheel sensor.

shelbyguy,
are you talking about using a different lug nut to use to pull the new in? like open end one?
thanks, Rudy

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
heh yeah sorry ive been running open ended lug nuts for years now (long studs)

local auto parts store will probably have a stud for cheaper than the dealer. bring the splined end.

if this is a front hub, consider changing out the whole hub and bearing assembly if your car has 25,000+ miles on it. they're cheap and easy to change.

Rudy said:
thanks, I am going to a ford dealer to buy a studs, try to do it today. Dont know how it broke, but I suspected the dealer over torque my lug nuts when they did my wheel sensor.

shelbyguy,
are you talking about using a different lug nut to use to pull the new in? like open end one?
thanks, Rudy

Users who are viewing this thread