Wheel replicas question

robertlyons

Established Member
If the replicas are 17x8 and have the same offset as the 94 GT rims, then yes, they will clear. I have a set of 93 R Prototype rims (same as the 93 street model rims, except drilled 5x4.5) and they cleared my 93 R PBR setup WITH a 7/16" spacer. The backs were fine.

There was only 2 sets of these rims done by Ford. I may be putting mine up for sale real soon.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Is it true the wheel replicas 93 Cobra rims will not clear my 13" Baer brakes conversion?

I have the 93 Cobra replica rims with a Baer 5-lug conversion and they clear just fine, no problems at all.

This is probably not helpful, but, they will clear oem 13" cobra/mach/bullit brakes when done with sn-95 spindles.

FYI, the Baer calipers are essentially identical to the cobra calipers.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Just realized your probably talking about the 4-lug replicas. If so, I have no idea. I have the 5-lug replicas, sorry.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I am talking about the 4 lug replicas and yes the Baer's use the PBR calipers which are identical to the Cobra / Bullit / Mach. The baer's do come with a spacer so that they match the correct offset of the stock 93 Cobra brakes which I can't use on the wheel replicas because they have the GT spec offset.

I believe I am limited to the stock 93 rims on the front at least with these brakes.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
FYI, the 4-lug replicas have a 26mm offset and the 5-lug have a 29.5mm offset that clear the PBR's. 3.5mm isn't much!

You could order 2 for the rear, then test them to see if they'll clear up front.

Users who are viewing this thread