Wheel Rub due 18x9.5 wheels

sweet10th

Established Member
Damn , im running 18x10.5 rims with 315's on the rear , no rubbing.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by sweet10th
Damn , im running 18x10.5 rims with 315's on the rear , no rubbing.
Me too, I'm wondering if for some reason the backspacing isn't correct on your rims. Your tires should clear easily. Are you sure it's the tire rubbing and not something else?

kaos

Established Member
Here you go. http://www.chicanesport.com/product_catalog.html

They sell a tool for that. My back tires rubbed to all hell and they still do occasionaly. But it's much better now. The guy that sells this tool also does it at his shop, so he did mine.

FYI I have y2k cobra r's with 295-35-18 and i'm a rubber. ;)

El Culebra

Established Member
Thanks for the replies fellas. Well here is a little bit more info. My old tires were 275/35/R18 I didn't have any problems, in addition the car was lowered due to the coil overs all the way around. Now I have 275/40/R18 I wanted a little more meat. But some of you don't have this issue...hmm. ?

El Culebra

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Me too, I'm wondering if for some reason the backspacing isn't correct on your rims. Your tires should clear easily. Are you sure it's the tire rubbing and not something else?

Thats a great point, I have the CobraR 2K rims...hmm?

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by El Culebra
Thanks for the replies fellas. Well here is a little bit more info. My old tires were 275/35/R18 I didn't have any problems, in addition the car was lowered due to the coil overs all the way around. Now I have 275/40/R18 I wanted a little more meat. But some of you don't have this issue...hmm. ?

You increased the diameter of the tire by 1", that is creating the rub issue now. Your speedo will be off also. ;-)

I had no rubbing issues with 295/35/18 or 305/30/18 on the '00R wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread