Wheel Spacers/extended thread lugnuts

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
So im pretty close at finally pulling the trigger and getting some 17x10.5" rears a friend of mine wants to trade me my stock 17x9 chromes for his 10.5" chromes because he doesn't want to buy expensive tires anymore. They have the goodyear gs-d3's on it currently which I love the look of and I know they run big. So im trying to get all my ducks in a row before we start the trade. It appears they general consensus says that (Goodyear GS D3 315s + 10.5" replica wheels) are running LFP 3/8" hubcentric spacers, extended thread lugnuts and machined IRS bolt heads.

I have the MM IRS bolts and looked at the spacers which include the extended lugnuts from LFP which is located http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/lfp-38-hubcentric-wheel-spacer-kit-p-514.html

Do the extended thread lugnuts pose a problem anyway? Would this still be a safe setup on stock studs? Thanks guys!

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I have the LFP 3/8 spacers and et lugs for over a year and no problem nice piece and well made.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
No fender rubbing/clipping issues?
Is your car seriously lowered?

If it is slammed AND you have a passenger in the back seat AND if you go over a speed bump, you might have an issue rubbing the fender lip.

Otherwise, that combo you mentioned is being run by lots of guys on here and should be just fine. :thumbsup:

Be sure to check your lugnut torque a couple of times during the first week you have those spacers bolted on.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
Is your car seriously lowered?

If it is slammed AND you have a passenger in the back seat AND if you go over a speed bump, you might have an issue rubbing the fender lip.

Otherwise, that combo you mentioned is being run by lots of guys on here and should be just fine. :thumbsup:

Be sure to check your lugnut torque a couple of times during the first week you have those spacers bolted on.

No its just got some eibach springs on it...but its got a big time rake going for it. The front is dropped pretty good ass end is up a bit. So I think it will be fine. Yea whats the rule with spacers, just to check them daily for a week or so? Never used or had any experience with them before

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
...whats the rule with spacers, just to check them daily for a week or so?
I don't know what the "official" instructions say, but here's what I do: Bolt everything on and tighten the lugnuts properly with a torque wrench. Go for a short drive (a mile or two?) Check the lugnut torque again. Then after a couple of days of driving the car around, check it one more time. If everything is still tight, you should be good to go.

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
I don't know what the "official" instructions say, but here's what I do: Bolt everything on and tighten the lugnuts properly with a torque wrench. Go for a short drive (a mile or two?) Check the lugnut torque again. Then after a couple of days of driving the car around, check it one more time. If everything is still tight, you should be good to go.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread