wheel spacers

04 Blk Cobra

Established Member
Which spacers do you guys use? The ones with new studs, or just the adaptors and factory studs?? I plan on doing 275/35/18's all around, and the rear spacers are going to be just for looks... :D

Thanks

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
stimeybob said:
Thanks for the heads-up on the spacers. Maximum was the place I was going to purchase from. Thanks again

Buy from MM, but not direct from them. Go through one of their vendors. You can save a little coin. I've bought basically all my MM stuff from Artsperformanceparts.com. Email Art and tell him what you are looking for and he'll hook you up. [email protected].

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
stimeybob -

Depending on some variable which you didn't mention (tire size, brand, is your car lowered, brand of wheels), you might not even need wheel spacers. If you do, you might be able to get by with 1/8" spacers. If that's the case, then spacers from MM are OK. If you need more spacer than that, do yourself a favor and get the hubcentric spacers from LFP (see mj8's post above). I would personally not feel good about 1/4-3/8" NON-hubcentric spacers on my car.

04 Blk Cobra -

If you're just using spacers for looks with the stock wheels, get the 1" spacers from MM.

04 Blk Cobra

Established Member
Top Fuel-

Tire size 275/35/18 GSD3 Good Years, and FR500's. I am looking for the spacers in the rear for looks.. just to fill the rear wheel well a little, and give apperance that they are wider in back, but still can rotate. Can I use the 1 inch from MM with the FR500's??

Thanks

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Yeah...those should still work with those wheels/tires. :)

ModsAway

Established Member
I got the 1" wheel spacers with integral studs from MM. Great piece and great piece of mind (strong piece).

Should bring 275's nicely flush with your fenders as my 315's actually sit a bit under the fenders.

stimeybob

REDFIRE COBRA
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
stimeybob -

Depending on some variable which you didn't mention (tire size, brand, is your car lowered, brand of wheels), you might not even need wheel spacers. If you do, you might be able to get by with 1/8" spacers. If that's the case, then spacers from MM are OK. If you need more spacer than that, do yourself a favor and get the hubcentric spacers from LFP (see mj8's post above). I would personally not feel good about 1/4-3/8" NON-hubcentric spacers on my car.

04 Blk Cobra -

If you're just using spacers for looks with the stock wheels, get the 1" spacers from MM.
I'm looking at going with 18x10.5 rear, 03 cobra chrome with 315/35, car has eibach pro kit. Thanks for all your help

cdh027

Established Member
stimeybob said:
I'm looking at going with 18x10.5 rear, 03 cobra chrome with 315/35, car has eibach pro kit. Thanks for all your help

You wont need any spacers with that wheel/tire setup. Just lathe the IRS bolt down and you're good.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
mavado007 said:
Will I need to buy longer lug nuts with the LFP 3/8''?
Yes. You'll barely get 5-6 revolutions of the stock lugnuts with a 3/8" spacer. That's walking the fine line as far as safety goes.

Here's what Maximum Motorsports says...
The factory wheel studs are long enough to allow the use of 1/8" and 1/4" thick wheel spacers with most wheels. You must check the amount of thread engagement on your car to ensure that at least 6 threads are fully engaged after installing the wheel spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread