Wheel spacers...

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Is this a bad idea or not? I've been thinking about either doing this or widening my 04 cobra wheels. Is this a good alternative or should i just widen my 04 wheels?

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
These two are the best, have had the 25mm spacers on the rear for 10 years now http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=872

Eibach has good ones too!
eib-904300053_w.jpg

Eibach, Wheel Spacers - summitracing.com

The most important thing is that the spacer’s retains factory hub centric wheel fit and have their own studs. Both the above have this!!

Last edited:

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
These two are the best, have had the 25mm spacers on the rear for 10 years now http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=872

Eibach has good ones too!
eib-904300053_w.jpg

Eibach, Wheel Spacers - summitracing.com

The most important thing is that the spacer’s retains factory hub centric wheel fit and have their own studs. Both the above have this!!

Alright thanks, just didnt know if these things would be a good alternative or not. i have yet to find a wheel widening shop nearby and im not going to send my wheels off.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
just make sure they are hubcentric meaning they have the lip around the center hole and you should be alright check ebay I bought some real nice ones on there just like the ones pictured for alot less and they were excellent quality. Also a tip be prepared if you go anything less than 1 1/4 inches on the spacer the original studs are gonna stick out a little as they are 1 1/4 inches long. If so you may have to trim them or grind them down a bit if there is not enough space in the pocket behind the spoked part of your wheel where they will be sitting. Also antisieze on the og lugs is a good idea as they may not see much more off and on action like the spacer studs will. Finally you could also consider trying to find some 10 in or bigger rears and selling your og rims to help offset the cost you may find you are pretty close to what you will pay for spacers on the difference, the only problem is you will have to but bigger rear tires. By the way wheel widening is fairly expensive like around 200 per wheel from what I read and there was only one place recommended by guys on here and it was up in Michigan so shipping just kills it both ways. Good luck :beer:

Last edited:

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
just make sure they are hubcentric meaning they have the lip around the center hole and you should be alright check ebay I bought some real nice ones on there just like the ones pictured for alot less and they were excellent quality. Also a tip be prepared if you go anything less than 1 1/4 inches on the spacer the original studs are gonna stick out a little as they are 1 1/4 inches long. If so you may have to trim them or grind them down a bit if there is not enough space in the pocket behind the spoked part of your wheel where they will be sitting. Also antisieze on the og lugs is a good idea as they may not see much more off and on action like the spacer studs will. Finally you could also consider trying to find some 10 in or bigger rears and selling your og rims to help offset the cost you may find you are pretty close to what you will pay for spacers on the difference, the only problem is you will have to but bigger rear tires. By the way wheel widening is fairly expensive like around 200 per wheel from what I read and there was only one place recommended by guys on here and it was up in Michigan so shipping just kills it both ways. Good luck :beer:

Yea, but i got the 10th anniversary wheels. They look pretty sick on my car, but its just not wide enough in the back. :( And im not going to use the SVE wheels out back and the stockers up front...

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Ok I saw you say 03 wheels and just assumed you had the stock 03's not 10th wheels get the spacer I suggest the 1 1/4 should bring wheels flush to fender.

Users who are viewing this thread