wheel tire scenario

SICKBOY

Established Member
allright plan on ordering so DD 18x9 18x10 wanna run 275/35/18 in front and 305/30/18 in rear do you gents think i'll rub and or need an alignment ? need to know will also be putting h&r race springs on soon after will i still be fine clearance wise?

CobraCase

Established Member
From what I have read, the clearance depends on the car, as well as the brand of tire. Some cars have more room and some tire brands run wider than others. I think most people say that 18s and having it lowered also help with clearance. At a 305, you might be close. You might need to try it and see. If it does rub, you can grind the IRS bolt, or install an MM button-head bolt, or use spacers. You can use washers to see what width spacer you might need. Good luck.

SICKBOY

Established Member
i'll be doin nittos on back which are alot less wide than other..my main question is of course after springs alignment will be need but i plan rims tires first them springs a bit after just wondering if i'll need alignment with wheel tire combo...

CobraCase

Established Member
I don't think you would need an alignment just after wheels and tires, but other more knowledgeable people might chime in.

svt1.8t

JDM BUILT BADASS
Established Member
you will need an alignment after the springs, should wait about a week after you install them so the car settles, your rim and tire combo sounds fine i have 285/35r18 in the front and 315/30r18 in the rear with a prokit and have no problems

Users who are viewing this thread