Wheel weight ?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Probably somewhere around 30 or 32 pounds each. I know the '11+ 19x9.5 non-SVTPP wheels are 35 pounds each. Are you looking to get a set? I'd say skip them and get something lighter. You won't be sorry. I put lighter wheels on mine and it feels like the car is at least 300 pounds lighter. The actual weight lost is about 58 pounds of rotating mass.

Gstick

Established Member
Probably somewhere around 30 or 32 pounds each. I know the '11+ 19x9.5 non-SVTPP wheels are 35 pounds each. Are you looking to get a set? I'd say skip them and get something lighter. You won't be sorry. I put lighter wheels on mine and it feels like the car is at least 300 pounds lighter. The actual weight lost is about 58 pounds of rotating mass.

Goodness Gracious, I didn't think that they would be that heavy ! I assumed since they were "forged" that they would be light. Can you recommend a light wheel for my 07 ? (it can even be an 18" diameter as long as it clears the rotors/calipers)

Thanks

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have a set of el cheapos on mine from Advanti Racing called the HY Hybris. Not much too look at in pictures, but they look pretty good in person on the car. I just hate their logo on the center cap. If you like that design (which is pretty popular these days) but want a "brand" name, HRE sells a similar wheel that is manufactured using the same process, low pressure cast then flow formed. Do some research on the process. They're lighter than most forged wheels and stronger than a typical cast wheel.

I went for a staggered set of wheels and actually inadvertently avoided a problem. The 19x9.5 wheel is concave and won't clear the front brakes [without a spacer.] I have those on the back and 19x8.5 in the front that just barely clear the calipers. The #1 thing that sold me on them was their weight. I'm a twisties kind of guy and like attacking the mountain roads. The wheels have held up perfectly fine so far. No cracking or warping.

I would say start at Tire Rack since that's about the only place that actually lists wheel weight. You can do a search by weight range. You'll notice that most lightweight wheels cost a small fortune, especially if they're forged.

edit:
The wheels are gravity cast, not low pressure cast. Still flow formed, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread