Wheels and tires

Mustang289

Established Member
I have an 04 Mystichrome with IRS. I will be in the market for tires and possibly wheels. I don't have plans for high HP, ported Eaton around 500 is plenty. Currently have Kumhos on car. Car is a weekend only, never sees rain. Looking for tires that will stick. I also like to take my Cobra on spirited drives which includes digs and also cornering fast.

I would like to get CCW classic wheels, depends on funds this year.

I'm thinking of R888s for front and rear - any comments suggestions?

How wide of wheel and tire can I go in the rear without rolling the fenders?

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
I have R888 all around and I love them. They are not great in the rain. I'm
At 500 if I roll into first they usually hold traction but are easily broken loose. A hard hit from second is usually a non issue unless the road is a mess.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
you're suspension set up will determine if your fenders need to get rolled, not nesscarily the tire.

I run 18x11 CCW classics in the rear with 305/35/18 R888's , run 275/35 R888 up front. I did have to roll my fenders cuase they rubbed a bit.

Mustang289

Established Member
you're suspension set up will determine if your fenders need to get rolled, not nesscarily the tire.

I run 18x11 CCW classics in the rear with 305/35/18 R888's , run 275/35 R888 up front. I did have to roll my fenders cuase they rubbed a bit.

So mean your springs when you say suspension has more to do with it? Do you have IRS or SRA?

Users who are viewing this thread