Wheels and Tires

Cobraonr

Established Member
Sleds are sadly parked until next season, BUT that means its time to pull out the Cobra! This years to-do list includes upgrading wheels. What's the best wheel size that keep the front tires inside the front fenders. I'm keeping the stock springs and ride height. Maine is not friendly for lowered rides. I like the chrome Saleen style wheels and need to find the max size w/o extending the front tires past the fenders.
Thanks friends,

Cobraonr

Established Member
Correction: I prefer the R style rims over the Saleen style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

amorrow

Established Member
I don't think there's a more perfectly sized wheel for SN95s than the 18"x8.5" front, 18"x10" rear BBS RKs. While originally designed for Panoz, they have the perfect offset for stock SN95 front brakes, and with reasonable tires (245 fronts, 295 rears) fall inside the fenders and quarters beautifully. They've been out of production for years, but sets show up now and then. Worth keeping an eye out, imo.

HiPlains

Established Member
I just ordered chrome deep dish bullitt wheels, 18x10 rear and 18x9 front, with Nitto nt05R's 315/40/18 rear and nt05 275/40/18 front. I have R's now but like the bullitts better (deep dish of course)

Users who are viewing this thread