Wheels back from powdercoat ...... PICS!

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Sent my factory wheels out to Northeastcoatings for some powdercoat. It was about a 7 day turn around. They sandblasted, powdercoated, and then shot clear on them. I'm really happy with the look.

Cobrapowder2.jpg

Cobrapowder1.jpg

Here's their site: www.NorthEastCoatings.net

CGoeschel

Established Member
tunedin302 said:
Sent my factory wheels out to Northeastcoatings for some powdercoat. It was about a 7 day turn around. They sandblasted, powdercoated, and then shot clear on them. I'm really happy with the look.

Looks great!! Does the color match factory? Did the wheels have any curb rash that needed to be fixed first or did they fix them as well? Good job!

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Looks great!! Does the color match factory? Did the wheels have any curb rash that needed to be fixed first or did they fix them as well? Good job!

The color looks to be a dead match and Al (of Northeast) was very familiar with the color needed. The wheels were in pretty good shape with little to no curb rash. They told me that they did clean up the edges a little but nothing major. If the wheels are real bad then they will send them out to be welded/filled.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Do you know which powder coat color he used? I have several friends that powder coat on the side and I have not seen a color that would match

mofugr

BIG DADDY
Established Member
Looks really great, the original color looks a little lighter than the wheel does now, might just be the photograph though. Either way they look brand new!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
mofugr said:
Looks really great, the original color looks a little lighter than the wheel does now, might just be the photograph though. Either way they look brand new!

that's because the original is faded. The new color is dead on by the pics. Looks identical to my repainted wheels.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Do you know which powder coat color he used? I have several friends that powder coat on the side and I have not seen a color that would match

Double checked - it is bengal silver w/ clear.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Those look great. That's by far the closest powdercoat job I've seen yet. From the pics, they look to be dead on with the factory color.

stangkid

Established Member
buddha93 said:
Those look great. That's by far the closest powdercoat job I've seen yet. From the pics, they look to be dead on with the factory color.

+1:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:

Lee - in case you didn't see my edited post, it is bengal silver w/ clear.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Hopefully I will have them on the car this weekend!!

SVT Fun

Established Member
$75 per wheel is an excellent price. Costs around here = $150 to $200 per wheel.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
SVT Fun said:
$75 per wheel is an excellent price. Costs around here = $150 to $200 per wheel.

That was my feeling too. I went to a local restoration place, where they do absolute A+ work, for a estimate on painting them. The guy qutoed me $700 to paint and couldn't guarntee anything. I asked him about just powdercoating them and he said that they would probably look better powdercoated. Than I talked to Al at Northeast and he was really big on the durability of the powdercoat over paint. My main hesitation was how the powdercoat would look compared to paint. Once he told me that he would clear them too then I was sold. Anyone interested in getting this done, talk to Al at Northeast as you will not be dissappointed.

carguy19

Established Member
If Im not mistaken, the powdercoating coats the entire part because of the electricaly charge running through the metal.

When I had my audi wheels done it covered the entire wheel with color and clear.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
carguy19 said:
If Im not mistaken, the powdercoating coats the entire part because of the electricaly charge running through the metal.

When I had my audi wheels done it covered the entire wheel with color and clear.

Bingo :beer:

buddha93

Established Member
Is the clear an automotive paint clear, or is it a powdercoat clear? I've heard of the powdercoat clears, but I've never seen it in person.

Also, most wheel shops charge about $125 per wheel on top of any shipping costs involved. If I was looking to do it again, with a match that close I'd give these guys a shot. Every powdercoat job I've seen was way too dark or didn't have enough metal flake in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread