wheels w/ the PC

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
so i just got my own porter cable and i was getting tired of having it sit around unplugged so i decided to use it for something. i had my stock wheels laying around and thought... what the hell? so i decided to try it out. all i had was the pad it came with, and some 3M polish (i just placed an order to smp yesterday for the good stuff). i have heard people saying that the pad it came with was useless for the paint, so i decided to use it on the wheels, and my oh my i am pleased with the results. the only thing i couldnt get out were some stains from some cleaner the original owner of my car must have used... they seem to be under the clearcoat.... other than that, all my surface scratches are gone, as are some tough waterspots i couldnt get off by hand. if it works this well on my old wheels, i cant wait to see it works on my paint!!!! :banana: :banana:

the "before" shot
dsc01555.jpg

the "after" shot
dsc01554.jpg

closeup of waterspotting on before shot
dsc01557.jpg

closeup after the polishing
dsc01558.jpg

the only problem i noticed with the machine is that it vibrated my hand quite aggressivly, espically if i used the side handle.... i have the 7336sp... mabye it is because of the larger counterweight??? i had to actually stop for a minute because it hurt my hand too much, and i work at a shop, so i would like to think i have pretty tough hands. will i need a new counterweight with my pad set from smp?

either way, i am happy with my purchase of the pc from just how it made my junk wheels look alone.... the paint will most likely make me even happier. to the PC i say :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
your wheels turned out very nice.
I use the replacement pad for polishing my wheels also.
the PC will vibrate some, but once you get the new pad & backing plate alot of it should subside.
what size counterweight do you have on the unit?

Users who are viewing this thread