wheels

ralphcobra

Established Member
I tried search but did not get a real answer. so here goes. I don't want to change over to five lug because i want to run my real wheels most of the time but a couple times a year I would like to road race my cobra at some of southern tracks. I want to run 17 inch hoosiers for the race only. Does anyone know of a correct backspace wheel that I could use to mount the race tires that will not scrape badly in some of the tight turns .
I road race my svos all the time and I know what to use with five lugs, but unsure with the four lug setup. Any help? Thanks, Ralph :shrug:

venomous93

Established Member
I think the only luck your gonna have is with a company ROH. They are the only people ive seen with 4 lug 17's, well and the fake looking cobra r's...but i dont know if the offset would be right or not. Why not buy another set of 93 cobras for track duty?? is 7.5 not wide enuf??

8urvett

Established Member
I e-mailed (ccw) the other day with an interest in custom wheels. My reply was that they can do it I just needed to give them a call. Go to www.ccwheel.com and contact them. I don't know for sure, but I believe ROH has to be custom ordered also, anyway that was my experience with them. Good luck.....keep us posted on your outcome.

bp03svt

Established Member
The BBK (Speedware) Cobra R's will rub on the inner lip of the rim with the wheels cut all the way to the left or right, that's with a 245/45/17 Nitto 555 on the front. I had the chrome ones on a previous 91 5.0 LX. Roh does make good 4-lug 17's, I belive that they are 17X8 or 8.5. My brother has a set of Roh's on his 92 GT and they don't rub at all.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
my roh's rubbed on my stock lx in the front when i had michellin tires with stock brakes and c springs up front. i changed to h&r and had the fenders rolled and the passenger rear always rubbed on dips, etc and with a passenger. also had them with my baer brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread