wheels

Cobra523601

Established Member
i got a 93 model coupe that im working on,its pretty much fully built rolling chassis,havent put the motor in yet.besides the point,i finally foun the wheels i want,they are from jegs,the nem billet specialty wheels,my question is,people say if you go with a 8 inch wheel,use a 5.5 backspace,and if you go 10 inch wheel,use a 6.5 backspace.well i want the 10 inch wheel,does anyone have 10 inch wide wheels on there fox that dont rub,or do i need to trim the fender or inner wheel.actual question is,is there any work involved in putting a 10inch wheel with a 6.5 backspoace on my car?
thanks

buddha93

Established Member
Well, if memory serves me correctly, I ran a 10 inch wheel on my 89' with a 5.5 inch backspacing. I could be wrong.......it's been a while. The reason I say it was a 10 inch wheel is because I ran a 26/10 Mickey Thompson slicks for the track and a 275/50 radial for the street. This was also without the quads in place, which could be why your hearing the 6.5 with a 10' wheel. BTW, this was a 15" wheel.

If you talk to any reputible wheel shop, they should be able to tell you in an instant what fits a Fox Mustang.

Cobra523601

Established Member
ok.thanks,my main concern is that i want it to sit under the fender well with out rubbing the outside the fender.i dont mind beat the inside wall back some,just not in the mood to roll the fenders because the car just come from the paint shop,and i didnt think about it till afterr the fact

shetheri

Established Member
I ran a 10" Weld wheel on a '93 coupe with the 6.5" bs. Looked awsome, sat inside the wheel wells perfectly. You will not have a rubbing issue with the fender lip, but be prepared to take a large hammer to the inner frame rail. You will not be able to run the quad shocks either, so make sure you have some good lower control arms.

Cobra523601

Established Member
ok,cool,thanks man.just what i needed to no.like i said,i dont mind beating the inside,because you dont see it,happing to roll the fenders was going to make me nervous,well thanks agin.ill send you some pics when i put them on

Users who are viewing this thread