Whelp, visited the track... Little discouraged

Bite u

Established Member
We'll after changing the setups.. From stock trans and stock rear end with 26" Nittos and 4.10's to a built tranny and built 31 spline rear with 4.56's with 28" mt's, ima little discouraged from this previous track Outting this last Wednesday.. Best time was a 12.80 @ 106.78 on a 1.73 60'

So after doing a little research my 12.72 run was done in +1600 air... This past Wednesday I was running in only +4-500 air.. I know the 28's ate up alot of my gear, but I figured with the extra tire and it still being a little better than 4.10's and 26's I could pull some 1.6's.. Didn't happen sadly.. I was looking for 12.5-12.6 range.

I know bias plys eat up a little mph.. But figured I woulda made up for it in the 60' so I guess it's back to the drawing boards? :shrugs: na svt ported short runner and some imrc deletes going on the car and a retune. Then tubular front k, coil overs and a arms going on, and maybe switch out rear shocks with some 10 ways, and put some solid mounts in the housing bushings. Slap the slicks on and head back. Tuner seems to think with the retards on it was pulling timing off the line from heat? I let the car cool for 20-30 mins at a time, so who knows?

Any thoughts? Help recommendations would b much appreciated. Thanks

Blackedout

Established Member
What were the #'s for the 1/8 before and after ??? weight of the car ??

Bite u

Established Member
Dunno weight of car.. 1/8th's still never bested my best run thus far on Nittos and 4.10's

Better 60'.. 1.73 vs 1.78 netted me a 8.15 vs 8.12 and lost 2 mph. I have both 26" tires and 28" tires so ima do some playing around and see what happens

Bite u

Established Member
Not sure on the winds either.. Between Matt and me, he thinks car probably pulled a little timing from the burnout (high iat's) and I think the stock rpm is off further now with taller gear and just think 28" is to much for a n/a Bolton car. Probably do work on the n2o though.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
28's are killing you. Way too much tire for little power you have. Swap them out for a 26's it'll pick back up. Shift every gear at 7k. You should be crossing the traps at around 6600.

-Mark

Bite u

Established Member
I have been a 12.72 with a crap 60' and not so good weather on 26" 555r's.. Going tonight for a retune with the short runner n imrc deletes. Then a little more work on the n2o setup. Next few weeks though ima b out there working on my motor passes. So we will see how it goes

Bite u

Established Member
Gonna try to run tonight as long as gpt don't close ( for being "too cold") she is running good though... Ran side by side with a new 5.0, and held off either a ls2 or ls3 c6 last night! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread