When did Ford start doing this?

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I saw today that Ford is reprinting old SVT Certificates for us Cobra Owners who bought our cars used and didn't get a Certificate. I thought was kind of cool, especially since I don't even know my build number on my car, it was kind of expensive for what it is ($40.00) but I can't stand not knowing...hehe

Here is the link in case any of you guys are interested in getting an Official SVT Certificate on your ride!

Ford Performance Group

All they need is your last 8 of your VIN and they will mail it out within two weeks.

-Adam

jareds99slobra

Established Member
thanks dude been tryin to get ahold of one for mine. i got the window sticker and the leather jacket but dont have the certificte

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I believe they've done that all along. People were generally calling the 1-800 number and picking them up.

I keep debating on ordering one but that $40 is more than I really want to pay.....eh....maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday or something.

VtekII

Established Member
I got one of them right after i got my car about 2 years ago. so i think theyve been doing it for awhile. i guess the question is how long will they keep doing it?

slick4_6

Established Member
If I am not mistaken the reprints have the wrong names signed on them. There is a member on here that will print you one out on the original paper with the original signatures, it just won't be from Ford.

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
I saw where the member on here was doing it for 03-04 Cobras but in his thread about that it wasn't mentioned he would do for older SVT's figured maybe the template was different for the 03-04 Cobras. Back when I had my 01 Cobra I remember reading where Ford was reprinting Certificates but their was a stipulation as to how far back they were going if i'm not mistaken. $40 is steep but to me it's worth it!

-Adam

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
definitely have been meaning to get one, but $40 for a piece of paper they print off....bah, oh well. $10 seems like a more reasonable price for what it is.

VtekII

Established Member
Any idea how to get the window sticker? I have the cert., but I really want to get the window sticker.

the same guy makes repro certs, and window stickers. his user name is something like jbrown something . i think he charges 40 for his repros too, but from what i hear theyre top notch!:rockon:

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
In todays economy the term "free" is going extinct! I think all major industries have peeled away all the "freebies" they used to give and placed a dollar value on everything, Although I did get a FRPP catalog the other day from Gene Evans Ford, but I waited until after I had already paid for my snake grill emblem and shifter nob to ask, they gave it to me free because they didn't feel like writing the ticket up for $5.00 hehe!

-Adam

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I saw where the member on here was doing it for 03-04 Cobras but in his thread about that it wasn't mentioned he would do for older SVT's figured maybe the template was different for the 03-04 Cobras.
he will do them for older cars as well

Back when I had my 01 Cobra I remember reading where Ford was reprinting Certificates but their was a stipulation as to how far back they were going if i'm not mistaken.
You are confusing two things. the SVT certificate has always been available from SVT. at one point it was free and has been said that has changed within the last couple of years.

The other thing was the Window sticker. THAT is what you can't get from Ford after a certain time period. and they are a pain in the ass if you can't get the original selling dealer to work with you.

At some point I will have a couple printed for both my cars.

Users who are viewing this thread