When did you peg your MAF?

matt87

Established Member
didnt peg with mods in sig but installed a mafxtender with the pulley just in case.

94vert50

Established Member
Thanks for this thread. I am planning on doing a 2.9 pulley and having it tuned by Hermann next year and I was wondering about this. Looks like an extender is the safe bet.

If you get a car tuned in the summer, is there any way to know if you will max it out in the winter without waiting for winter to arrive?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks for this thread. I am planning on doing a 2.9 pulley and having it tuned by Hermann next year and I was wondering about this. Looks like an extender is the safe bet.

If you get a car tuned in the summer, is there any way to know if you will max it out in the winter without waiting for winter to arrive?

That is exactly why I did mine.

liedenfrost

Established Member
My Maf is NOT pegged with a 2.76 upper only on a Stage IV port and 495 rwhp. The shop was about 60 degrees F when pulls were done and put down 495 rwhp. I had a little room left on the Maf. Not sure why there is so much variability from car to car? That being said, I don't do any hard pulls in temps below 60 degrees....no traction anyway. :)

topfueldart

Established Member
It was in the lower 40's for me, spun on the dyno in 4th gear!!! Calibration mustve been off cuz the numbers weren't realistic, but found out I'm gonna need a maf and tune at bare minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread