When does bassani come out with there headers?

03cobracoupe

Established Member
I know bassain is making mid lenght headers for the 03's , but when are they supposed to come out? or are they already out?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Not out yet....they are still in the fitting and testing stages. Various people do have them on their cars. I hear they work awesome and look GREAT! Bassani just needs to bend here and tuck there alittle to get a perfect fit. They are a slip fit design to ease installation...still an 8 hour job though. They will be well worth the money.

Forgot to say...the sound is incredible...when setup with their Xpipe(a must do) and their catback....the best music one can hear on an 03 Cobra

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
Damnit Harry, did you have to be so f&ckin' complimentary of them??
I just get the idea out of my head that I don't need to spend the cabbage on them, then you turn around and wreck me ;-)

3rdstang

Established Member
I think bassani just sounds too "tinny" in my opinion. I am gonna go with the full QMP system when I do mine.

Mach1driver

Established Member
They used them in the Mach 1 buildup in 5.0 magazine but didn't say to much about them.. Anyone know where I can find more info about them? Doubt they will be carb approved either but heres to hoping, :beer:

3rdstang

Established Member
No I havnt but I have heard about a dozen differant sound clips and heard other cars with them at HP motorsports here in Omaha =)

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
can someone please give me a quick comparison, between LT headers and the bassani mid lengths headers, besides its size?

1.What are the difference in performance?

2. Why would i get LT instead of ML headers and vice versa?

3. what are the disadvantages/advantages of ML headers and LT headers?

DLN1223

Established Member
The huge ass tips are the only thing keeeping me from buying the kit. If it came in 3 1/2 I'd be handing out the credit card digits in a heartbeat!

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by VeNoMiZeD
can someone please give me a quick comparison, between LT headers and the bassani mid lengths headers, besides its size?

1.What are the difference in performance?

2. Why would i get LT instead of ML headers and vice versa?

3. what are the disadvantages/advantages of ML headers and LT headers?

These are comparisons I know of for Fbody's but should be close.

1. The only difference in performance is going to be ~5-10 RWHP

2. The only difference to me in this respect is cost.

3. They are both illegal in CA due to the relocation of the cats moving them further back from their stock positions. Longtubes also tend to have more of a drone sound from them.

3rdstang

Established Member
Well "SOME" LT headers run very close to the tranny and make any work on the tranny (ie changing clutch) very difficult. I did say some as QMPs headers this isnt a problem. Buyer beware on what long tubes you buy. Also you have the ground clearance issue with some.
On the flipside, bassani stuff just seems very expensive. If you do searches through here and compare people with magnaflow and bassani there is hardly any HP differance. The bassani is much more expensive however. It does have a very unique sound though and lots of folks like it. ALso, you can kind of "tune" bassani by utilizng the baffles in the tips. I personally dont like the sound of bassani but hey this is a free country so buy what makes you happy. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread