When is a Terminator still a Terminator???

rcstang

Established Member
i think a terminator is still a terminator as long as it has 4v and poweradder. and know im not saying a tt 4v v6 swap is a termy im just saying that if you go pushrod then its not really a termy to me its just another drag car to me. but in the end the vin desides it.

and im a fan of full interior.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Try 3 days after Jakes post MATHEMATICIAN! His car may have sparked the conversation but it was not directed at him personally. It was a general question to all dragged out Terminators. Sorry this has been such a big deal. Just wanted to get some other opinions about the subject.

I also would like to ride a lawnmower with a blown 4-valve strapped to it!!!:rockon:

you obviously missed the dripping wet sarcasm in that ;-)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
ok.. 30 years from now, someone comes across a Terminator body.. nothing in it after having been used for years as a 1/4 mile car with a big inch 351W stroker, C4 auto and solid axle that have all been removed.., floor pans rotted out, no interior, no drive train or suspension.. they find a 4V engine, build it, throw an Eaton supercharger on it, bla bla bla.. they restore it back to factory correct.. it's STILL a Terminator..

you find a V6 Mustang body that had the identical treatment, 351W stroker etc etc etc.. you throw the Terminator engine, T56 IRS into it.. and you now have a modded V6..

the VIN # is all that matters in the long run...

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
ok.. 30 years from now, someone comes across a Terminator body.. nothing in it after having been used for years as a 1/4 mile car with a big inch 351W stroker, C4 auto and solid axle that have all been removed.., floor pans rotted out, no interior, no drive train or suspension.. they find a 4V engine, build it, throw an Eaton supercharger on it, bla bla bla.. they restore it back to factory correct.. it's STILL a Terminator..

you find a V6 Mustang body that had the identical treatment, 351W stroker etc etc etc.. you throw the Terminator engine, T56 IRS into it.. and you now have a modded V6..

the VIN # is all that matters in the long run...
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!! Tell him what he's won Johnny!

Excellent point, I agree 100%:beer:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
When I first read the OP I thought about a race car vs a street car. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject. From a record stand point, as long as you can look at the car and it looks like a 03/04 Cobra, has most of the interior, has a stock style engine(modular 4.6 base block) and has a 03/04 VIN#, then it's a Terminator.

svtwelch711

Established Member
Forged 4v and a power adder makes it what many would consider most important ALONG WITH the matching vin.

I dont care if its auto w/ a 9 inch. if it has the vin, THE ONE AND ONLY 4V, And its Forced Induction.........you still have a TERMINATOR!!!

But its still the vin that counts.

For me, I want the 4v and i want a blower....who gives a Sh#t about the rest. For me i'd like to die full bore in a blown Cobra right before the limiter. I hope i see a flash of light and the devil himself picks me up in a TS cobra right to hell. End of life/story

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
its a terminator till the body is sent to scrap and crushed....then its a terminator cubed..lol

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I've been involved in this discussion too many times, and or the object of it.

My thought : If you change your shifter knob, your car has been modified.

There are modified cars and unmodified cars. Everything else is a mood point because anyone and everyone will find a reason to fit for them. Way too broad of a spectrum.

Go check the lightning forums. They have gone through this same exact scenario since 1999. Starts to be a waste of bandwidth.

Take care,

J.R.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
I've been involved in this discussion too many times, and or the object of it.

My thought : If you change your shifter knob, your car has been modified.

There are modified cars and unmodified cars. Everything else is a mood point because anyone and everyone will find a reason to fit for them. Way too broad of a spectrum.

Go check the lightning forums. They have gone through this same exact scenario since 1999. Starts to be a waste of bandwidth.

Take care,

J.R.

who are you and what are you doing under JR's name???? haha whats up man aint seen you around here in awhile

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey Derek,

I troll the boards every few days.. Been a while for sure.. I'm back in Upstate NY now. Building a new home on my Farm.

How's everyone down your way??

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
there's another post on here, about someone finding a 98 Cobra body minus drive train, and putting a V6 engine and T5 tranny into it.. it's STILL a 98 Cobra, but one powered by a V6 (why would anyone do that I don't have a clue)

[ame=http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=37165]'98 Cobra V6 build - V6Power Messageboard[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread