When is UCA really needed?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
When is it required to do the UCA?
I have had my '09 GT500 since new. I have never really had an issue with wheel hop. I have been on Sportlines since almost the beginning. Maybe that's why I have never really had an issue.

I am finishing off the suspension finally. This is what it will be, just waiting on the parts to be delivered:

Konis Yellows
BMR LCA
Eibach Swaybars
CHE Relocation Brackets

Would you think a UCA and Mount would be needed? Or only if wheel hop is evident?

Based on info on UCA from some "other site", if it's needed it might be better to go with '11+up mount and UCA. Anybody with '07-'09 gone with the newer style bracket and UCA yet? If I need it I would probably go with BMR UCA and Mount for '11+. Should it be Adj. or Non-Adj.?

Any experience you have and can share in leading me in the right direction is appreciated.

kwiksilver

Established Member
UCA and mount should be added. You will smile when you see the difference between the stock and a BMR.Use the adjustable.
You are beefing everything up except them.They will become the weakest.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Will take it under advisement.

May have to put it on the "to do list"

Spent enough already this past week. That was just the suspension list I ordered!! Got some other goodies coming too.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
When is it required to do the UCA?
I have had my '09 GT500 since new. I have never really had an issue with wheel hop. I have been on Sportlines since almost the beginning. Maybe that's why I have never really had an issue.

I am finishing off the suspension finally. This is what it will be, just waiting on the parts to be delivered:

Konis Yellows
BMR LCA
Eibach Swaybars
CHE Relocation Brackets

Would you think a UCA and Mount would be needed? Or only if wheel hop is evident?

Based on info on UCA from some "other site", if it's needed it might be better to go with '11+up mount and UCA. Anybody with '07-'09 gone with the newer style bracket and UCA yet? If I need it I would probably go with BMR UCA and Mount for '11+. Should it be Adj. or Non-Adj.?

Any experience you have and can share in leading me in the right direction is appreciated.

This my be the "other site" discussion that you read? I have added this info. to a couple of forum discussions.

The info. on the 2nd page in the link below may be of interest to those who chose to install the longer 2011-up UCA in their earlier car, but have found that in their specific car the 2011-up UCM will not fit through the hole in the floor.

Has Anyone Else Installed The 2011-Up Uca On Their 2007-2010? - Shelby GT500 Modifications and Tech. - Team Shelby

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread