when showing my R to a buyer...?

clarksniper

; I got mine in the local paper for sale. So what would you do when showing it?
I don't want anyone to drive it, even with me in it. I will take a potential buyer for a ride of course, but I don't think I should let anyone drive it till I have cash in hand.
I told a guy on the phone yesterday that he will have to give his liscense to a friend of mine who will wait at my house for me, the car and him to return safely, he gave me grief about it.
If it was your car, how would you handle having people coming over to check it out?

XLR8-R

Established Member
I believe if a buyer is serious, he will understand and cooperate with you. I would also ask potential buyers how they plan to pay for it as well.(cash, bank draft, etc.)If they are local to you and really want an R, they will not mind. If they have a problem with it, tell them to go buy one somewhere else!

Carter

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
If he is really a buyer for it, a test drive should not be a factor. If he has to drive it, he probably isn't really a buyer. It's the old "well geez, the Chevy dealer let me drive a Z06 earlier today."
I laugh at those guys. The only time the person who buys your R should on his trip home.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by clarksniper
; I got mine in the local paper for sale. So what would you do when showing it?
I don't want anyone to drive it, even with me in it. I will take a potential buyer for a ride of course, but I don't think I should let anyone drive it till I have cash in hand.
I told a guy on the phone yesterday that he will have to give his liscense to a friend of mine who will wait at my house for me, the car and him to return safely, he gave me grief about it.
If it was your car, how would you handle having people coming over to check it out?

I have one question. How many owners on this board were allowed to drive thier R before buying it new?????? If they get mad, they are probly not serious anyway.

Brian

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Re: when showing my R to a buyer...?

Originally posted by Cobra-R

I have one question. How many owners on this board were allowed to drive thier R before buying it new?????? If they get mad, they are probly not serious anyway.

Brian
Ahhh hell I went to the Lamborgini dealer and he let me drive a contach why cant I drive your R :D

kevin

Re: Re: when showing my R to a buyer...?

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Brian

i hadn't even seen a prototype when i bought mine.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Normally I'm for the "If I can't drive it, I sure as hell aint buyin' it!" attitude... BUT, this particiular car I guess I can see buying not driving, as long as he at least gets to ride in it and the car is perfectly fine (which why woldn't it be).

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Ya' know what.... don't even worry about it... I don't need to drive it, I'll just head over with the 35k and take 'er off your hands w/out worries to you.
:D :D :D :D :D

95rcobra

In a related story here in new jersey a local Dodge dealer in wayne new jersey decided to let a 24 year old man test drive a new 2002 Dodge Viper. Well he made it about a mile where he lost control of the Viper and hit a telephone pole injuring himself and the 51 year old passenger. It does not say in the sunday news if he is the lucky owner now of a brand new Viper. I can guarantee there were some very unhappy people at that dealer saturday. I pass by there everyday on my way to work and they usually have 2 or 3 Vipers in stock stored outside under canopy's. When I purchased both of My R's 93 and 95 I never had any need to test drive them and they were both perfect machines. Thanks 95rcobra.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by clarksniper
: Okay, let me know when your coming over with your 45k so I can be sure to be here:)
:lol:
Awwww c'mon.... hook a brotha up
now! Take a G1 L in on trade?? :D :D :D

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
In a related story here in new jersey a local Dodge dealer in wayne new jersey decided to let a 24 year old man test drive a new 2002 Dodge Viper. Well he made it about a mile where he lost control of the Viper and hit a telephone pole injuring himself and the 51 year old passenger. It does not say in the sunday news if he is the lucky owner now of a brand new Viper. I can guarantee there were some very unhappy people at that dealer saturday. I pass by there everyday on my way to work and they usually have 2 or 3 Vipers in stock stored outside under canopy's. When I purchased both of My R's 93 and 95 I never had any need to test drive them and they were both perfect machines. Thanks 95rcobra.

Ummmmm let's see... what is the word I'm searching for here....
OH yea.... DOH!!!

XLR8-R

Established Member
Clarksniper, how many miles on your R for 45K? Also, why are you selling it? Just curious.

Carter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread