when you order 08 gt500

GREY GOD

Established Member
does anyone know when ford will start for orders on 08's
i want 1 in the new vapor color.

martz

Established Member
08 Orders

I ordered mine about three weeks ago. Apparently they are building 08 Mustangs around June 16th. Not sure when the 500's are being built but I was told they will filter them through from time to time. Thanks

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Martz - just curious, when you ordered your GT500 did you just give them a down payment in hopes the asking price wasn't going to be outragous or did they already give you the price they will sell it at?

martz

Established Member
TeddyKGB said:
Martz - just curious, when you ordered your GT500 did you just give them a down payment in hopes the asking price wasn't going to be outragous or did they already give you the price they will sell it at?

Initially the dealer wanted 5K and didn't ask for any money down. He said that if I backed out no big deal, I know him from previous business dealings. Anyway, I did tell him that I would expect the ADM's to come down to MSRP. I will be calling him next week to talk to him about my expectations and some recent events that appear the prices are coming down!!!!

Also, I talked to another dealer that seemed very interested in selling 07's for MSRP but he has sold his allocation (all where sold at 5K over). He did say that he would talk with other dealers and see if he could get an 07 from another dealer.

FYI.... both dealers that I am talking about are small town dealers (1,500 population)

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Thanks! I was very seriously looking for a GT500 vert and had cash in hand but here in DC I personally couldn't find a dealer that would even talk to me for anything close to MSRP.

Heck the closest dealer has a black/tungsten coupe for 63K a month ago and now has a white/blue coupe and wants nearly 71K.

So I finally gave up and went for a Terminator.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
ekimv said:
Y do people refer to 03/04's as terminators???????

That was the internal name that ford gave them. Plus it sounds better.

-03/04 = Terminator
-99/01 = New Edge
-94-98 = SN95
-93 = Fox

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
TeddyKGB said:
Thanks! I was very seriously looking for a GT500 vert and had cash in hand but here in DC I personally couldn't find a dealer that would even talk to me for anything close to MSRP.

Heck the closest dealer has a black/tungsten coupe for 63K a month ago and now has a white/blue coupe and wants nearly 71K.

So I finally gave up and went for a Terminator.

Not that I like quoting myself buy that white/blue coupe I spoke of 1 month ago is still sitting there...in the exact same spot. When I looked at the black one he said it was sold but the white/blue one would be there in 2-3 days but it wouldn't last long "because it the most sough after color combo"

Part of me wants to go back there and ask how the sale of the white one is coming. I bet it is killing the Sales Manager to have a car they probably paid well over MSRP just sitting there.

uniqdsn

Established Member
+1 on the raping PEOPLE WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT CARS.when they finally do build a good car,they let the dealers blow it so that noone can have them.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the dealers are the ones that screwed themselves on this deal. when they are forced to sell for MSRP and below when the 08 comes out they will be kicking themselves in the ass. i bought my 03 brand new in 04 for 29k out the door because the dealer tried to hold out for max money but nobody bit..haha.. i am hoping the same dealer misfortune will fall on me again!

as for the whole collector and rare thing, didn't they make less of the 03-04's then they are planning for the gt500?

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
sgt d said:
as for the whole collector and rare thing, didn't they make less of the 03-04's then they are planning for the gt500?

It will be DAMN close either way.

19140 Terminators total
vs
9300 GT500s (last number I heard) so far

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
TeddyKGB said:
It will be DAMN close either way.

19140 Terminators total
vs
9300 GT500s (last number I heard) so far

thanks for the numbers but i thought i had heard that the gt500 was going to be a three year run?:shrug:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
/\/\/\ could be, I thought that was just a rumor for now. If it goes 3 years it definitely will pass the Termies.

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
yea u could order 08 anytime in the last 2 months I went to my dealer to order a kr no luck they are not on the system yet the 500 was and the vapor blue will not look the same fyi.

SVT01COBRA

Established Member
I don't know if anyones really interested but on autotrader I just found an 08 shelby coupe that is vista blue for 44, 765 its at Mullinax Ford of Central Florida I don't know if they still have it but you can give them a call 1-866-596-7302. Maybe this will help someone get one I would love to have it just not in my price range.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
SVT01COBRA said:
I don't know if anyones really interested but on autotrader I just found an 08 shelby coupe that is vista blue for 44, 765 its at Mullinax Ford of Central Florida I don't know if they still have it but you can give them a call 1-866-596-7302. Maybe this will help someone get one I would love to have it just not in my price range.

bait and switch...
list it for bs prices.... call them and it's $10K over sticker. greedy car dealers = steaming piles of feces.

SVT01COBRA

Established Member
That could be the case i don't know for sure but i had seen them listed through the same dealership for over 50k before so i just thought maybe they came to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread