Where are all the KB 5.0 vids?

FoxRodStang

Established Member
I've searched & searched & came up with about 2 or 3 vids of 5.0's with Kenne Bell blowers. Where are they all? I know KB sold more than 3 blowers for 5.0's :burnout:

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
KB Fox's suck because they have no IC so nobody builds them, the majority of foxes today are turbo and some vortech....

FoxRodStang

Established Member
SVT GuY 281SC said:
KB Fox's suck because they have no IC so nobody builds them, the majority of foxes today are turbo and some vortech....

dang, thats weird. the forum lost my subscription to my own thread. anyway, how about the methanol/water injection kit as an intercooler? How would that stand up to daily driver use?

straightliner1

Established Member
You can run a blower w/o an intercooler, you just can run it on the ragged edge. Big deal, just take this into consideration while tuning the car.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
• Big increase in horsepower and torque - EVERYWHERE - not just at peak rpm.
• INSTANT FULL BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE at ANY rpm - 2000 up.
• No boost drop off at high rpm
• No "boost lag" as with centrifugal superchargers & turbos.
• Does not depend on engine speed to generate more boost.
• Fat flat torque curve.
• Lower gears not necessary
Cooler air charge. No intercooler needed
• Looks factory. Mounts on TOP of engine. • Fits under stock hood.
• Whisper Quiet. No embarrassing & annoying gear noise.
• Internally lubricted. No tapping holes in the oil pan. Doesn't use engine oil.
• 60-80 degrees cooler air charge temperature and requires 10-16 less HP to drive than roots style.*
• Available for stock or GT-40 Lower Manifold (specify when ordering)
• Supercharger driven off stock 6 rib belt.
• Manifolds and supercharger all pre-assembled and tested.
• No other engine or transmission changes required. Everything included.
• Available in satin finish or polished
• Easily installed. Kit replaces upper intake manifold.
• Optional bypass system for boost levels over 9 psi.
• Best engineered kit. • Billet aluminum case.
• 50 State legal.

Seems to have no need for one. I am sure KB thought about that when designing it.

FoxRodStang

Established Member
straightliner1 said:
You can run a blower w/o an intercooler, you just can run it on the ragged edge. Big deal, just take this into consideration while tuning the car.

I realize you can run w/o an I/C, but, I was referring to when you crank up the boost & like to keep your foot in the loud pedal like I do.

The NJ Exile

Place your AD Here.....
Established Member
I ran a "Blowzilla" on my 90 LX (circa 98-99). I had a getto backyard "tune" (keep in mind I was living in Tyler, TX in the summer). With a 75mm TB, 24lbs Injectors, GT40 Lower, BBK Shorties, BBK Regulator) O/R H pipe, Flowmaster (2 Chamber) Catback. I ran 12psi as a Daily driver, I would catch this guy on the way to work in the a.m. (About 4:40ish). He had a NEW 99 T/A (6 Speed). I could pull on him pretty good. I have never had a problem over heating, nor when I would put the 14psi pully on and crank up some fuel in it. I ran it in the dead of the summer heat it ran 12.44 @ 119ish on street tires w/ bad spinning thru 3 gear.

And BBK did make such a blower. I was call the "Insta Charger" and it ran a M90 eaton (If I recall).... Well any how it was not a big seller because of the cost, around $3,999 I think. When for close to the same price you can get a much better blower, asuming one was looking for a roots/twin screw/lythcolm type blower)...
S/F
John

Users who are viewing this thread