Where can I find some good clay local?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Before I order some stuff from scott at http://www.specialtymotoring.com/ i'm out of clay and I wanted to clean up the car when it comes out of the shop as it will prob be really dirty. So I wanted to get something local that I can just pick up. Would meguires be a good one?

Last edited:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I myself prefer "Clay Magic" I get it from the local AutoZone store for $10 a bar and it comes with some lube also.
when you place your order with Scott go ahead and get the clay from him also
depending on what you order shipping might be cheaper also

10thTerminator

Established Member
Mequire would do it or clay magic it really doesn't matter when it comes to clay. From what I have heard only a few compaines actually make the clay, so it's really all the same no matter on the brand or color.

paulk

Established Member
should clay be used on the entire car or just parts of the car that feel rough before polishing/waxing, etc?

10thTerminator

Established Member
If you lube the surface and the clay bar slides without friction or roughness , it doesn't need to be clayed. So really just the rough parts, which tend to be the hood, roof and trunk lid.

What I do is wash the car, then before drying it, spray clay lube or QD on and clay away, one section at a time. Moving the clay in straight lines from the front of the car to the back. You don't even need to dry the lube before moving onto the next section. When your done just spray off the car and dry.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
10thTerminator said:
Mequire would do it or clay magic it really doesn't matter when it comes to clay. From what I have heard only a few compaines actually make the clay, so it's really all the same no matter on the brand or color.

:thumbsup: Thanks everyone

Users who are viewing this thread