where can i install a power steering filter

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Like where it needs to be in the circuit? Return side. Pressure side will cause a huge restriction and cavitate the pump.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Whatever the direction of flow is for the filter... Low pressure side closets to the sump...But why do you really want to go through the hassle of installing a filter? The otr trucks I work on have dumps that are designed for a filter... Let alone the system is built for having that restriction. I don't know specifically about our cars hydraulic system specs but putting a inline filter could cause excessive back pressure that would lead to pump failure.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Whatever the direction of flow is for the filter... Low pressure side closets to the sump...But why do you really want to go through the hassle of installing a filter? The otr trucks I work on have dumps that are designed for a filter... Let alone the system is built for having that restriction. I don't know specifically about our cars hydraulic system specs but putting a inline filter could cause excessive back pressure that would lead to pump failure.

the rack n pinion i replaced recommends a inline filter. would i put it on the hose going from the reservoir to rack?

Users who are viewing this thread