Where can I leagly buy a fully automatic AK

blown96bird

Established Member
I am a disgruntled expostal employ with chip on my sholder and I want to buy a machine gun to settle a score. I am just kidding. I would like to purchace one for home and property protection and recreational shooting. where can I leagly purchace a fully automatic one. I know it is against the law to convert one to fully automatic and am not intrested in that route.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
I honestly don't think you can get one unless you a leo. Not 100 percent sure though. A ban was lifted on a lot of things like a year ago, but I don't think it included machine guns. Just hop over to a gun shop and ask them. Take it easy

BelvedereGTX

Banned
blown96bird said:
I am a disgruntled expostal employ with chip on my sholder and I want to buy a machine gun to settle a score. I am just kidding. I would like to purchace one for home and property protection and recreational shooting. where can I leagly purchace a fully automatic one. I know it is against the law to convert one to fully automatic and am not intrested in that route.
I have a huge arsenal of weapons. First you must obtain a class 3 license, not easy, but first you must do that. Then you can purchase a full auto. Any thing Good is gonna run you quite a few k. Not cheap. Why dont you just stick to a shotgun. That sounds like what you really need anyway.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have a missile launcher and some grenades for sale if interested.
I also have tank but it isnt working properly :(

assasyn

Established Member
I know a guy who has a lot of guns that are hard to purchase legaly. He said that he has a "collectors" license and that is kind of a loop hole. Can't verify that info maybe someone else can.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
assasyn said:
I know a guy who has a lot of guns that are hard to purchase legaly. He said that he has a "collectors" license and that is kind of a loop hole. Can't verify that info maybe someone else can.
as i stated above. All you need is a class 3. You can get anything you want. Its not hard to get what you are looking for. once you have class 3 you can legally obtain it but from the factory they are very pricey. My buddy is a dealer , he deals mainly with military firearms. Very very expensive. Price out a auto colt ar or hk mp5. Bookoo bucks. :beer:

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
Nobody but LEO and the military need anything close to this.

King$nake

Banned
poopy01 said:

Do you NEED to have a Cobra? Why wasn't the V6 Stang fine to buy? Or, why didn't you buy a Taurus or Contour?

Some people just have a fascination with some seriously deadly weapons/firearms, just as some have a fascination with fast cars.

or maybe he has gopher problem

Last edited:

Antagon

Established Member
Class III license, pretty hard to get and takes forever, and then a full auto AK will be several thousand dollars.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Honestly, a fully auto weapon is useless for property defense. The whole idea of full auto is to be able to provide a spray type fire to help supress multiple enemies in a small area (like covering a window, or a foxhole full of communists!). So unless your afraid of Canada invading from your back yard you need a shotgun. Anything on your property, that you can justify shooting in the name of self defense, will be in range of the shotgun, and its a hell of alot more accurate than going full auto spray on a weapon you have no training on. That is most likely going to get you killed if the other person is armed with a far more accurate single shot weapon. Its alot harder to hit things on full auto than the movies would have you believe.

Ive been in the military for almost 4 years, and I can tell you that theres no need for anything like this, unless its a toy, just not practical for personal defense. Unless you get something that sits on a bi-pod/Tri-pod, but once again, do you have 2 children to carry it around with you and set it up, and dont forget the sandbags to hold it in place lol.

I carry a .45 with 2 ten shot magazines. Works just fine for me =0

GH1086

Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
So unless your afraid of Canada invading from your back yard you need a shotgun.
Those Canucks are sneaky bastards with their ice skates and hockey pucks you better watch out. I've read that if you live on the boarder you can hear them sharpening their skates just waiting for the day.

Sapperstang

Established Member
assasyn said:

I have a collectors license and in no way does it allow me to own auto weapons. You need a class 3 license in order to purchase one.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
Yeah, my dad has had his collectors license for some time now....For a H&K MP5 (9mm fully auto) new will put u back probably $12-15g's....M16's/M4's are useless for home defense because the round is so small/quick (.223) it goes thro people and they can still fight, as wel as it does travel a long distance. AK does have a good bullet, but a decent majority of the guns that ive seen at least have trouble with jams...your best bet though, in all practicality is a remington 870 home defender, its an 18.5inch barrel, extended mag pump 12 gauge, for around $270

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
poopy01 said:

And in a free country, it's not what some bureaucrat decides you "need", but what you want and can afford. It should be only what you DO with something that determines if it's illegal. All of MY guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy with his car.

Remember "pursuit of happiness"?
Remember the Bill of Rights (escpecially 2nd Amendment)?

Users who are viewing this thread