Where did it go???

spdkilz02

Established Member
OK, today I had to clean my TB cuz it was sticking and my dad noticed that i was low on coolant. It took 2 quarts to fill it back up and we just changed oil about 1K miles ago and it was completely full. So we checked the normal thermostat housing, and it is not leaking at all. So where is it going???:shrug: anyone have a clue for me to look for??? checked the oil and it doesnt seem like it is getting in there either.

thanks in advance

Primaris

Established Member
Most likely it is the crappy O ringed plug on the bottom of the thermostat. But, if it isn't like you thing will need to keep an eye on your oil for a bit checking for a brownish foam on the dipstick. There always the chance one of the ridiculous number of coolant hoses is leaking. It could be the heater core, or even the water pump.

So keep an eye out for wetness under your car after being parked, and good luck.

Leaks can be a pain in the ass sometimes. For example while I knew my O ring was shot, if I didn't I would have had a hell of a time finding it. Reason being once the weather turned warm or the car warmed up it stopped.

Last edited:

spdkilz02

Established Member
well i gotta call the dealership tomorrow and see what they can do for me. i got alot for them to fix, the vct sensor is leaking like crazy, plus my valve cover is leaking and also the coolant leak...where ever it is coming from. figure should just leave them do it since it still has the warranty until 100K miles.

what perks should i expect from taking my car there? never had my car at a dealership before since my dad has always done the work on all my cars. my only problem is that it is my only car and i cant just leave it there then i cant get back and forth to work.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I honestly wouldn't expect much from the dealer in the way of perks.
I had to make them give me a loaner car (read "extended test drive") while my L was in for service.

Users who are viewing this thread