Where do I find mods for a new RX8????

Painter

Established Member
I have a cobra myself but have a friend who has a RX8 and needs a place to go for some mods but he cannot find really anywhere. I know he needs a chip, does anyone know where I can go online for this car???

bchisom99

Established Member
Come 'on man, don't play us like that, my friends RX8, just own up, its YOUR RX8....is there really ANYTHING you can do to that car except wait for a turbo kit?
my dad is actually looking at getting one, he was gonna get an 05 GTO, but the guy RIGHT across the street brought a blue one home a few weeks ago...I'm pushing for a mustang Gt,......

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
bchisom99 said:
Come 'on man, don't play us like that, my friends RX8, just own up, its YOUR RX8....is there really ANYTHING you can do to that car except wait for a turbo kit?
my dad is actually looking at getting one, he was gonna get an 05 GTO, but the guy RIGHT across the street brought a blue one home a few weeks ago...I'm pushing for a mustang Gt,......

Tell your dad to get the RX8 then auto-x the hell out of it; they seem to do really well in that arena.

bchisom99

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Tell your dad to get the RX8 then auto-x the hell out of it; they seem to do really well in that arena.

Thats actually a GREAT idea, then I could auto-x it as well and not F-up my car in the process....NICE

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
bchisom99 said:
Thats actually a GREAT idea, then I could auto-x it as well and not F-up my car in the process....NICE

Now you're thinkin'. Just break in the engine first; auto-x is suprisingly hard on the car.

Painter

Established Member
I swear its my friends....I have a 600+hp mustang, I dont need no stinkin RX8. I do however like the suicide doors and the styling is ok. Thanks guys for the responses!!!!

2814v

Established Member
I thought about one for a daily driver, untill I found out how bad thier fuel mileage is.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
My daily driver is an RX-8. The only way to make any decent power is with the addition of FI. Right now your only options are the Greddy turbo kit, street price of about $3000 (increase of about 60-70rwhp) or a custom turbo kit. There are a couple of vendors working on SC's which should be interesting. IMHO not the right car if you're looking for straight line power. Don't bother with the usual IHE mods on this car as they are only good for about 10rwhp and they will set you back about $2000.

Users who are viewing this thread