Where do the half shafts break at?

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I was just wondering where the stock 03 half shafts break? And what damage does it do to the other parts?:burnout: Thanks Tim

Silver 03 Cobra

I thought I would never have to worry after about 150 passes without a hitch. I popped my driver's side a few weeks ago. It broke when I shifted into second. There was no wheel hop. A car had blown up just before I made my pass. I think I came off the slick part and the tire caught when I hit second. At first I didn't know what happened. It is a loud sharp sound like a hammer hitting heavy metal. Mine broke next to the differential. When you let on the clutch with the limited slip rear end the car will not move. If it breaks and the wheel then it would make a lot of noise but it will still not move. The joint is filled with a lime green grease and it gets all over everything.

cobra101

Established Member
scary. With 150 passes I'd figure the rear was pretty solid too. Damn, Best thing is to switch to a Solid axle while the irs is still in one piece.

Is there an yway to inspect them for signs of stress or possible failure in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread