where the hell can I find

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
4" rolled chrome tips for stock 2 1/4" exhaust on my Cobra? I have looked and looked and looked. Went to 20 different sites and can't find anything. The closest I've found is 3 1/2". Can a brother get some help?

Vic

Last edited:

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Thanks Plat..but another question:
If I bought a tip that is 4" all the way to the inlet, will it still fit? I would go look at my car, but it's in the shop at the moment.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
birch said:
Thanks Plat..but another question:
If I bought a tip that is 4" all the way to the inlet, will it still fit? I would go look at my car, but it's in the shop at the moment.

No, it won't. You will most likely want them to be welded in either way you look at it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind keeping the stock system?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I think these would look absolutely killer on a Cobra:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=747

35173.jpg

They appear to offer them in angled form.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
No, it won't. You will most likely want them to be welded in either way you look at it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind keeping the stock system?

Money :)

Just so we're on the same page..a tip that is 4" (by say 18" and welded in) will not fit? If it's a rhetorical question, my apologies.

Vic

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
birch said:
Money :)

Just so we're on the same page..a tip that is 4" (by say 18" and welded in) will not fit? If it's a rhetorical question, my apologies.

Vic

Just measured mine. Those 18" ones are not gonna work. They must be no more than 12" long.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
birch said:
Thanks alot man! :beer:

Not a problem. Just make sure you measure the stock ones (as I don't have them any more). This will help you decide. You can go as small as 2 1/4" on the inlet if you have professionals install it. They can expand the pipe diameter of the inlet of the tip if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread