where to buy cheap parts

Russyo

Established Member
Hey guys, I am putting my 96 Cobra back together after a mild rebuild. Where can I get cheap parts, or cheap qaulity parts around the North Dallas, Texas area. I dont really like going to autozone and Orieleys for stuff for my SVT. Where do you guys get your qaulity parts. Mainly replacement hoses, a water pump, clamp, screws and misc. other things that could need replacing while I have everything out of the car? I appreciate you guys help! Thanks
Russyo

budman

Napalm sticks to kids !
Established Member
Seriously look for a Mustang junkyard.

Ford produced millions of quality interchangeable parts...even on SVT's and I am thinking that your cheapest and best way to find exactly what you are looking for is at a Mustang only Junkyard...look on the web or in the phone book and talk to others in your area. I only mention this because I live in New Hampshire about 45 min drive to Boston, but in the North about 25 min away(deliverance comes to mind!) I came upon this little junkyard that had over 120 some odd wrecked Mustangs and parts for sale. It was a dream come true. Prices where extremely reasonable and they stocked items like good hoses, nuts, bolts, hoods, and also performance parts taken from totalled cars that where fine. Just Snoop around for this, I bet you will find one.:)

Russyo

Established Member
Hey Budman, and porkchop, would you guys mind sending me some pics of your engine bays. I have my engine out and I would like to see your engines to guide me as I reassemble mine, I dont like mixing things up. It would help me out a lot. Thanks
Russyo

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Re: Seriously look for a Mustang junkyard.

Originally posted by budman
Ford produced millions of quality interchangeable parts...even on SVT's and I am thinking that your cheapest and best way to find exactly what you are looking for is at a Mustang only Junkyard...look on the web or in the phone book and talk to others in your area. I only mention this because I live in New Hampshire about 45 min drive to Boston, but in the North about 25 min away(deliverance comes to mind!) I came upon this little junkyard that had over 120 some odd wrecked Mustangs and parts for sale. It was a dream come true. Prices where extremely reasonable and they stocked items like good hoses, nuts, bolts, hoods, and also performance parts taken from totalled cars that where fine. Just Snoop around for this, I bet you will find one.:)

Junkyard parts are for 5.0s not Cobras. It just seems sacraligious.

Users who are viewing this thread