Where to buy fuel pump pre-filters?

beastmar

Established Member
Where do you guys buy your fuel pump pre-filters? I thought the new pumps I bought came with them but they do not. It has been about 100k miles since the ones in my tank have been replaced and I think it's time that I replace them. I'll be going E85 real soon.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Where do you guys buy your fuel pump pre-filters? I thought the new pumps I bought came with them but they do not. It has been about 100k miles since the ones in my tank have been replaced and I think it's time that I replace them. I'll be going E85 real soon.

Fore sells larger FGT style for $10 or you can get stock style Airtex FS175.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We've got Walbro pre-filters in stock. Give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks, Jared
http://www.lethalperformance.com/walbro-1250572-pre-filter.html

1250572.jpg

beastmar

Established Member
Fore sells larger FGT style for $10 or you can get stock style Airtex FS175.

Those larger pre filters, are they known for causing issues? I installed them and when my car is warmed up, I barely see any pressure if my fuel lines. Granted I also installed the pprv delete. My car has a hard time to start once warmed up. I wonder what could be the issue...?

beastmar

Established Member
Amazon....here are the correct filters for the 465 pumps. Not sure what pumps you have though. Just look up the part number and search Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B...F8&qid=1505598289&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

The size of the prefilters are not causing your fuel pressure issue. I'd pull the hat and double check how you did your PPRV delete.

--Joe

So I dropped the tank and found out one hose was being kinked and was actually off one pump. To avoid any future problems, I ended up hard lining the pprv delete (at least most of it is hard lined now).

Users who are viewing this thread