Where to buy new belts

gsloth

Established Member
I need a new belt, since I stepped down to a smaller pulley, I get a slight amount of belt squeak at cold idle (no belt slip though). My current belt is a 79.5" 8rib, I've been looking everywhere for a 79" 8 rib, but I have had no luck. You guys know anywhere that I could grab one from?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I have a custom pulley setup and got my belt from Advance Autoparts. It is actually for a 5.9 liter Ram.

gsloth

Established Member
I have a custom pulley setup and got my belt from Advance Autoparts. It is actually for a 5.9 liter Ram.

Yeah I've tried one in my area with no luck, I think the longest they had was only 60".

BBCOBRA

Established Member
advance auto parts can order just about any size you need in the gatorback. also yout local napa dealer can also get them. the napa belt is made by gates by the way.

sunburst six

Established Member
advance auto parts can order just about any size you need in the gatorback. also yout local napa dealer can also get them. the napa belt is made by gates by the way.

Is there a good dealer online? The cheapest Gatorback I've been able to find is $40 at Advance. Autozone wants $50. I know Gates are this expensive, but I thought Gatorbacks were supposed to be around $26? :shrug:

EDIT for the original poster: I use a 79" belt myself...Gates part number: K080790 and Gatorback part number: 4080790. I've found that Gates belts glaze over very quickly and start squealing, so I'm hoping a switch from Metco to Billetflow idlers, and from a Gates to a Gatorback belt will solve the problem.

Last edited:

tonypipes

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread